Deal breaker?

10 minutes ago, fat man said:

About 4 seasons of hard graft without fault and find out if her litter siblings are working and her parents grandparents etc then search for a suitable stud with same blood line if possible.seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to breed a litter but if everyone done the same the country would not be full of white terriers.jmho.

Cheers fat man, id rather do it the right way instead of taking any shortcuts.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:  

The Toby dog I started out with was from a brother sister mating, Choker and Mo, he was undershot,  it was in there from the beginning.  He opened my eyes to what sort of a standard can be achieved, 

I had quite a few of them RS, again, some where curs, some ran well and beat the stags hands down, one in particular came to meet the stags. I was well looked after out there and I met some real

Posted Images

really depends. How much you work her but to me minimum four good season digging over her then weight. It up for there but most will know. Before then mate just put plenty off game infront off her and cross your finger hope she works out to many breed substandard terriers

2 minutes ago, milliken said:

really depends. How much you work her but to me minimum four good season digging over her then weight. It up for there but most will know. Before then mate just put plenty off game infront off her and cross your finger hope she works out to many breed substandard terriers

will do, cheers lad

1 hour ago, Jrt90 said:

Was thinking the same. It's just i have this bitch russell x lakeland that was got as a family pet and she's bolted a few out on walks, but not sure if she's up to the grade as i wouldn't know what to be looking for in a proper working dog.

If you don’t no what your looking for in a proper working dog then probably best to try get out with someone who’s already digging , make sure there not a complete wanker tho as there plenty of them in this game,get a bit of experience and buy a decent bred pup in off someone reputable with good sound stock from dogs doing what it is you want . If you can’t get out with someone to show you the ropes then youl just have bide your time buy a decent pup and go from them . Get the right gear and the right stock first 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

If you don’t no what your looking for in a proper working dog then probably best to try get out with someone who’s already digging , make sure there not a complete wanker tho as there plenty of them in this game,get a bit of experience and buy a decent bred pup in off someone reputable with good sound stock from dogs doing what it is you want . If you can’t get out with someone to show you the ropes then youl just have bide your time buy a decent pup and go from them . Get the right gear and the right stock first 

Cheers for the advice ?

Is the undershot a fault . I.e to closely bred or the bull in the blood from past breeding . As I myself have put a male terrier over a gd bitch of mine in the past and the pups where sound . I have 1 here but now pup . He’s 13 and still at it . And a good mate has 2 pups bred off him that are doing there jobs .

Just now, Who let the dogs out! said:

Don’t breed for sentiment. It’s how shit dogs get bred. If it’s got a known fault it’s not worth breeding off. Think you know this deep down because you asked the question. 

Definitely know what you mean and you're right, just wanted to hear some other views.