Deal breaker?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:  

The Toby dog I started out with was from a brother sister mating, Choker and Mo, he was undershot,  it was in there from the beginning.  He opened my eyes to what sort of a standard can be achieved, 

I had quite a few of them RS, again, some where curs, some ran well and beat the stags hands down, one in particular came to meet the stags. I was well looked after out there and I met some real

Posted Images

Was thinking the same. It's just i have this bitch russell x lakeland that was got as a family pet and she's bolted a few out on walks, but not sure if she's up to the grade as i wouldn't know what to be looking for in a proper working dog.

21 minutes ago, Jrt90 said:

Was thinking the same. It's just i have this bitch russell x lakeland that was got as a family pet and she's bolted a few out on walks, but not sure if she's up to the grade as i wouldn't know what to be looking for in a proper working dog.

not that by the sounds of it if its a proper terrier your looking then source good sound breeding from a good working line stay well clear dirt usually. Breed dirt

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Jrt90 said:

Wondering about your thoughts on a dog with an underbite in terms of breeding?

If there’s a physical fault in a line of dogs that you don’t know about then you can be fore given for breeding from it but if you knowingly perpetuate a physical fault then that’s just daft, just buy a decent dog in the first place.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, milliken said:

not that by the sounds of it if its a proper terrier your looking then source good sound breeding from a good working line stay well clear dirt usually. Breed dirt

Cheers for the advice lad ?

20 minutes ago, Str said:

If there’s a physical fault in a line of dogs that you don’t know about then you can be fore given for breeding from it but if you knowingly perpetuate a physical fault then that’s just daft, just buy a decent dog in the first place.

Do you mean if you had an outstanding bitch with an underbite you wouldn’t bred from her?

1 minute ago, milliken said:

personally if it was me and the bitch was outstanding and not a middle of the road bitch then I would breed of her as with the right selective breed the under shot can be fixed

Cheers milliken, that's the info i was looking for. What should i be looking for in her working wise to know if she's worth it.

5 hours ago, Jrt90 said:

Cheers milliken, that's the info i was looking for. What should i be looking for in her working wise to know if she's worth it.

About 4 seasons of hard graft without fault and find out if her litter siblings are working and her parents grandparents etc then search for a suitable stud with same blood line if possible.seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to breed a litter but if everyone done the same the country would not be full of white terriers.jmho.

4 hours ago, fat man said:

About 4 seasons of hard graft without fault and find out if her litter siblings are working and her parents grandparents etc then search for a suitable stud with same blood line if possible.seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to breed a litter but if everyone done the same the country would not be full of white terriers.jmho.

That was meant to say white terriers.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Do you mean if you had an outstanding bitch with an underbite you wouldn’t bred from her?

No ,it’s not an outstanding  bitch, I was replying to jrt90 who by the sounds of it is going to breed some pups for the sake of it knowing full well it’s got a bad mouth.

• Like 1