Cheap bike, secret pre baiting!

I've been walking the local rivers and canals over Xmas and have decided to get myself a bike so I can cover more ground. Dont know if anyone is after a cheap bike but I have Just ordered the below;

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165499&productId=1433719&storeId=10001

Seems decent for the reduced price of £85, probably crap to anyone who's actually into bikes but I'm sure it will cope with my leaisure rides! Click and collect so they build it for you for free aswell instead of having to put it together.

Roll on the prebaiting and secret swims!

• Like 1

I'll be honest with you pal your better off spending abit more for a decentish bike it'll be a heavy lump gears etc will be poor quality and slip etc.just bought my mrs a cube aim pro a decent entry level bike paid £260 for it but perfect for her riding the canals etc.and owt under I'd say 1500 for a full suspension bike your wasting ur time really.your better off with a hardtail 

Edited by Councilestatekid
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Deker said:

It looks fair but don't expect it to stand up to much rough use....just the same, it seems some parts have a lifetime guarantee, or did I misunderstand that?

It will be the frame, made out of cast iron lol

Buy a bike from your local independent bike shop, best way IMO as a semi-serious MTB er.

Cheers, D.

It'll do for plodding along the canal towpath or river flood bank. Can't see the suspension and brakes taking too much hammer there so should be fine. I did say anyone that was into bikes would think it was crap, it is the bottom of the bottom range!

It is more about the pre-baiting than the biking....in hindsight, maybe should've put it in the fishing section?!

• Like 2