A little New Year Problem.

Well guys this has been a he'll of a start. The driver of the Mini Cooper decided he could do the impossible and he ended up in the front of my vehicle. This is now a complete write off but with me not too badly scarred. He ha d no licence. No insurance and took the vehicle without his girlfriends permission. The Old Bill were pretty good in all fairness and only bagged this asshole. The whole deal is going to cost me a lot of dollar. Is this fair? I think not. I am right Royally pissed off and apologise for bringing this onto the forum. For what it's worth, how can we sort out this kind of crime? Jok.

Good to hear you're not too badly hurt Jok. That's the important thing. I got my car written off by an uninsured driver years ago and got f**k all for it. Nowadays is different. Either your insurer will pay out and sue him for the money, or I believe there is some sort of legal insurance on your policy to cover taking him to court yourself. Either way, all is not lost. Your insurers will tell you the best way forward. 

Hope it goes well. 

Glad you're ok Jok.

Like Walshie said, there's usually some sort of cover nowadays - just don't let your insurance company fob you off.

....... Also, keep an eye on what they do with your premium next year.

Good luck :thumbs:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=34&ved=2ahUKEwi6vcST9dnfAhUVShUIHXC2Cd4QFjAhegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.injury-compensation.ie%2Fmotor-insurers-bureau-of-ireland%2Famp%2F&usg=AOvVaw1r-eDlm8RXLS6sm-joJHpP  Might not be much help to you in uk but the motor insurance bureau of Ireland are funded by all insurance company's who legally have to pay into the fund if they want a licence to operate. They are a nonprofit organisation but have a large cash pool taken from insurance company's for these types of situations. The bureau will compensate people independently if they are hit by an uninsured driver. Surely there is a similar organisation in U.K.