• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Just ordered 3mtrs orange and 3mtrs blue along with 10mtrs 1745 natural latex tube from China should kee me going over summer have a sheet of tbg but am trying to move away from it for something a bit longer lived ?

How much is the tbg ? 

33 minutes ago, flynndog said:

not bad really when you look at some prices of made up bands at 8 and 9 quid each 

Have never used shop bought ones, but have heard from people on here that have had all sorts of shite some of it takes longer to tie on than it takes to break, it,s also nice to try different tapers,width,s and lengths ?

20 hours ago, Greyman said:

Just ordered 3mtrs orange and 3mtrs blue along with 10mtrs 1745 natural latex tube from China should kee me going over summer have a sheet of tbg but am trying to move away from it for something a bit longer lived ?

Try doubling the tbg greyman. I found it last heck of alot longer

• Like 1

Just trying a few different things at the mo, managed to get some 6mm black square stuff like we used as kids, in truth it's terrible and enough to put you off the catty, have just tied up some blue dub dub don't like 9.5mm steels could,nt hit shite but with 12mm lead totally different beast hitting really hard and accurate, have some orange dub dub to try on some other frames later here are the two I done today and having had a few goes recon the blue dub dub will make really good hunting setup were as the square is just to stiff with not much stretch at all ?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Having a little reshuffle have now put the blue dub dub on my starship and orange on my fav natty, orange certainly good with 9.5 steel and seems better in the cold than tbg, think I,ll probably stick with the orange for a while as an all round always in the pocket type catty but have a young forest full of dreys in small trees that will be getting a visit from the blue with 12 mm lead before the weeks out 

image.jpeg

Yes mate the blue is heavier, it works well on an arm brace catty but recon it’s as heavy as you want to go on an ordinary fork, it also likes heavy ammo, really liking the orange at the moment had a few ferals last week with it happy days ? just got home and my latest little parcel from China has arrived, still think this stuff is the best, simular properties to orange dub dub and tbg but much cheaper and depending on the size of your loops you can adjust it for power and ammo size 1745 natural latex tube from China less than a £5 for 10 mtrs ??

C71E6563-5212-4D03-888A-324412A4F6C0.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

Order some blue and also plum dub dub should be here tomorrow just to try with .50cal leads in stead of looped 2050 bare back style. Just started using Amber 1745 in last few week cause 1632 is suffering in cold. Have used black 1745 in pass and didn't really like it. But the Amber seem different and shoots 8,9.5mm steel really well in the colder weather

• Like 1