amsterdam

40 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Ha.Amsterdam at this time of year is baltic... far colder than the uk.. due to it being on the flat the wind just blows right through you.. ive been there many times throughout the years and January and February have always been freezing..throw a few pics up from your few days there.

Was there this time last year and your bang on was fecking freezing ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my youngest is going there next week ,4  day break.....loves the cycling and museums ........or so he tells me lol

I'm not actually going there for work,i'm going there for dirty sluts and drugs but will work in my spare time.

It’s 45 mins by plane why waste a day on a boat, you were lucky with the weather it’s always fecking freezing when I,ve been, next visit definitely between June and August, I stayed in the bulldog caf

Posted Images

On 05/01/2019 at 12:28, Greyman said:

It’s 45 mins by plane why waste a day on a boat, you were lucky with the weather it’s always fecking freezing when I,ve been, next visit definitely between June and August, I stayed in the bulldog cafe on Lieberman square for my 50th birthday very messy, my older sister actually collapsed in the bulldog on day one, getting old disgracefully brilliant?

Couldn't be arsed to go by boat. Can't even get duty free till after March. 

like I said we do it for our daughter not our selves,if it was me id not bother at all and go somewhere nice and hot after xmas,but my daughter is back at school in morning so Amsterdam it was

6 hours ago, walshie said:

Couldn't be arsed to go by boat. Can't even get duty free till after March. 

No point to go leering in the windows Newcastle is the stag and hen party kingdom be more naked flesh there for free 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, The one said:

No point to go leering in the windows Newcastle is the stag and hen party kingdom be more naked flesh there for free 

Must have changed since I was last there. All I remember seeing is grown men all wearing polyester replica football tops. 

On 06/01/2019 at 14:46, j j m said:

Well weather was not bad this year but then again some feel the cold weather more then others

Well out of curiosity I rung my friend who works in hill street blues cafe, just as you come into the red light district past the bulldog and left its on that street directly across from grass hopper... lol he said it was freezing. 6 to 8 degrees and a wind chill that would have cut a watermelon in half ..it also pished down Thursday and Friday... I am going to Amsterdam over 10 years been every month in the year, and I knew it would have been bleeding baltic...there's some dreaming goes on in this site..haha

• Like 1

Maybe its just me but the Dam has changed quite a bit over the past 30 years. Was there last about 7 years ago and its a far more polished city than it once was. Suppose thats good for me as i've got older and (mostly!) moved on from thoses hostel staying halcyon days.

There is/was a great knife shop, which i found first time there, upstairs in a little souvenere type shop. It was still there last visit. Think it was on the Damstrat or around there..??

14 minutes ago, j j m said:

well I was there Wednesday and Thursday so I missed the cold spell

LOL... there is no cold SPELL.. the dam is pure flat... from November to March its fcuking freezing.. even if sun bes shining.. plus with the architecture there is all grids with alleys and narrow streets the wind just cuts through the streets and you... this place just gets worse... 

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Maybe its just me but the Dam has changed quite a bit over the past 30 years. Was there last about 7 years ago and its a far more polished city than it once was. Suppose thats good for me as i've got older and (mostly!) moved on from thoses hostel staying halcyon days.

There is/was a great knife shop, which i found first time there, upstairs in a little souvenere type shop. It was still there last visit. Think it was on the Damstrat or around there..??

Exactly that, first went at 20, last went at 48, and about 6 times in-between, completely different place but still great. Been in the knife shop, saw the first ceramics there.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stop.end said:

LOL... there is no cold SPELL.. the dam is pure flat... from November to March its fcuking freezing.. even if sun bes shining.. plus with the architecture there is all grids with alleys and narrow streets the wind just cuts through the streets and you... this place just gets worse... 

Be warm in the brothels though all the birds with no very much on would need to be kept warm maybe jim had a front seat at some of the shows LOL