Tuna sells for £2.5 million

2 minutes ago, king said:

will the new owner make money if he sold it all in portions.amazing amount of money for 1 fish.

He is a sushi restaurant owner,he holds the record for the previously highest price.I put some pics on here before of one of my sons,ironically the one who is now studying marine biology,standing beside a tuna boat with a helicopter on the deck,and kilometres of net,its big business.post-1930-0-82987900-1302425989_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A lot of money to pay for a bowl of heartburn. I recently bought 1kg of tuna steaks in polish shop for €15. The polish guy even said that was too expensive ?. I don't know what type it was but why is bluefin any better than the other types? All bullshit if you ask me. Same with lobster I'd rather a burger from McDonald's.

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Bluefin tuna has just been on TV its sold for £2.5 million quid 333.6 million yen,the fish weighed 278kg.

skynews-tuna-bluefin-japan_4538069.jpg

skynews-tuna-bluefin-japan_4538070.jpg

skynews-tuna-bluefin-tuna_4538068.jpg

See the headline on me phone this morning and thought it was a windup. That's some huge money for a fish , I wonder what he will make after it's been portioned up and sold? 

37 minutes ago, liP said:

See the headline on me phone this morning and thought it was a windup. That's some huge money for a fish , I wonder what he will make after it's been portioned up and sold? 

Probably like beef.they'll make nothing it's about just having the best in show and the prestige that goes with it,in your shop window.

• Like 1