Kelpie Lurchers (Dave sleight)

A bit off subject....when I was a lot younger I applied for a part time job, the interview was held in this lady’s house. She had quite a few pet brown border collies......nice dogs. She asked if I had any dogs, on telling her I had lurchers she told me a fella called David sleight used to use her dogs for stud to his lurchers.....small world.

Is he still trying to breed the first fully brown lurcher/ strain? 

Edited by Shortstraw

Not sure what he breeds these days. Not got earth dog running in dog in a good few years remember he used to have pure greyhounds for stud in it and a pure kelpie.  Just ordered a recent back issue to look at the ad. Does he still work lurchers or is he more into greyhound racing these days? Tbh don’t care where it’s from and don’t buy into famous names just sick of waiting for a collie whippet greyhound litter to come up. See a lot of collie grey to straight whippet litters but ideally want something line bred. Is the dog at stud a half cross? 

He still keeps greyhounds for track and stud ,I know a lad who works a kelpie border x whippet he got from Dave and one best rabbit dogs I've seen ,best bet would b to ring him ,got his number on my old phone so I'll look for it and pm you if you want .atb

• Like 1