Theoben...Somersham

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, bleddy german shite........?

Yep i respect your thoughts Rez, as far as " stuck under my rock" - well, no i don`t agree.                    Why fix something that`s not broke ?                    A bond you say,- oh yes

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Yep i respect your thoughts Rez, as far as " stuck under my rock" - well, no i don`t agree.

Why fix something that`s not broke ?

A bond you say,- oh yes we all have that and after 6 years of missing very little, the HW 100`s they can continue to live in my house.

To be honest here, if we all sat down at a range, all with our preferred pcp`s i don`t think there would be that much difference between the cards, except for Big Mac`s and Villaman`s  :rofl: :laugh:

Same again, with spring rifles of your preference, i would think a far greater divide on the cards would be evident ?

Maybe i`m wrong but a £2000 + pcp is way better than an every day HW 100 / BSA Ultra etc, etc "in the hunting field" and warrants all that extra dosh ?

For me, -  No .

Whatever your rig, if you are shooting well with it, stick with it. 

atb  Mark.

I will say HW100 including HW110 or K   in any format is probably the best pcp gun made if not the best  all round gun 

But saying that the BSA ultra takes some beating 

Only if  they made a decent FAC HW100 just like FX have , I would have one tomorrow 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

Them's  own the Theoben name.......

Actually I think AirForce now do.... 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/raw-airforce-join-forces-press-release/

https://www.tuugo.co.uk/Companies/theoben-engineering/0300004013384#!

Edited to add, just searched BT phone book, no listing for Theoben in Somersham.

Edited by secretagentmole
On 05/01/2019 at 09:20, villaman said:

I will say HW100 including HW110 or K   in any format is probably the best pcp gun made if not the best  all round gun 

But saying that the BSA ultra takes some beating 

Only if  they made a decent FAC HW100 just like FX have , I would have one tomorrow 

Aren’t hw100’s much good in fac? I don’t suppose the shot count is very high?

I must confess it is really strange that Weihrauch do not seem able to produce an fac air rifle. I do recall seeing a Ted's Holdover vid where he had been given  an HW100 .177 which was wildly inaccurate however he reduced the power to about  16-18fpe and then got decent results.

I doubt there is anyone on the planet who would say the HW range is anything other than superb. The likes of FX have gained a fantastic following mainly because of the weight, adjustability, compact design, fac experience worldwide along with very good after sales and direct access to FX managing director. Putting all these things together makes FX the market leader in design and innovation.

With more interest in shorter carbine rifles, Weihrauch have at least made inroads in this area with their 110K rifle which I am enjoying owning. Jimmy has said before that they should have produced a super carbine using the 100 format but weight goes against that and why would you want to change a gun that has no critics or very few anyway.

We all like different things in our shooting equipment which is now it should be and long may that continue. Take our Mark as a perfect example, a keen shooter who loves owning and using vintage style springers giving him immense pleasure where myself is a carp Springer shooter nor do they float my boat.

12fpe or fac power should not be the issue as it seems to be with some members, it is down to personal preference and accuracy is a forgone conclusion in all shooting...........

Phil

• Like 1
On 04/01/2019 at 13:51, ArchieHood said:

Some of these cylinder-fed rifles look nice. I was never keen on the bottle-heavy look of the Rapid Seven. But these price tags!!!!

Just one of these guns would just about pay for the four spring air rifles I currently own, at the prices I paid for them. 

And I have no issues whatsoever with the level of performance and accuracy any of my air rifles deliver.

More money than sense to my eyes lads.

Best regards.

Simon.

• Like 1

Simon, that Weihrauch HW 97. Karbine .177 on your profile has been living here for a good few months now since she asked you for a transfer ( to a proper team ) :rofl:

IMG_1148.JPG.95fd89f700e72e27fce4d9674c817a94.JPG

£2,000 plus for a pcp, get a good springer lads and put the practice in.

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Simon, that Weihrauch HW 97. Karbine .177 on your profile has been living here for a good few months now since she asked you for a transfer ( to a proper team ) :rofl:

IMG_1148.JPG.95fd89f700e72e27fce4d9674c817a94.JPG

£2,000 plus for a pcp, get a good springer lads and put the practice in.

atb  Mark.

But can you do a 28 mm group at 125 yards with the old bonger  :boogie:

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, villaman said:

But can you do a 28 mm group at 125 yards with the old bonger  :boogie:

Why would any air rifle hunter, target shooter want to try and do that ?

I love the challenge of getting  within 30 to 40 yards (sub 12  air gun ranges)and shoot drawing pin head groups .

1 minute ago, mark williams said:

Why would any air rifle hunter, target shooter want to try and do that ?

I love the challenge of getting  within 30 to 40 yards (sub 12  air gun ranges)and shoot drawing pin head groups .

And I love the challenge of shooting at 125 - 140 yards , a bit more skill involved . I know your old springers are only good to 40 yards   only saying like :yahoo::laugh::thumbs:

4 minutes ago, villaman said:

And I love the challenge of shooting at 125 - 140 yards , a bit more skill involved . I know your old springers are only good to 40 yards   only saying like :yahoo::laugh::thumbs:

Then good luck to you and your skills.

Touch bigger than 1 inch groups, at 125 - 140 yards with a pcp cannon ?  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Then good luck to you and your skills.

Touch bigger than 1 inch groups, at 125 - 140 yards with a pcp cannon ?  :rolleyes:

That's standing on one leg ,one arm tied behind my back and blindfolded     Oh sorry I thought I was on my gay forum :laugh::thumbs: