57 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

One on Guntrader in Darkest Devon for £90 and he will rfd or he says trial welcome ,an excuse for a weekend away and a bargin if alls well 

That's gonna cost a fortune! A weekend away!

She'll find out as well! 

They are VERY good!

Job I was doing with one of my guys, his gun, not mine, mines the CZ at the front largely hiding it!

141.JPG.3ff9ced4939cab709fcbfb8e216a6b5c.JPG

If you are looking for a cheap semi you would do far worse than the Magtech, cheap as chips, very simple and VERY reliable, whilst still decently accurate, trigger isn't great but does improve a bit over time!

795602828_Magtech7022015a.jpg.5f4e6f14109755aec2f26cd080c87967.jpg

Thanks guys.

Been ill with an infection in one of my testicles! All Thursday in bed apart from visiting doctors.

Unfortunately that means to much YouTube!

Felt better today so thought I would go buy some ammo and have a plink.

I don't need anything but to shoot what I have!

IMG_20190104_114805309.jpg.9c4aa5cec3b372b2ab87d29703007b07.jpg

I had good fun and was pleasantly surprised or reminded how good the 2e really is.

I walked on a simulated rabbit hunt by shooting rocks and cow pat's from 10yds to 100yds. All the ammo without any zero change connected just fine but with the fiocchi at long range (200 yards plus) the occasional one would drop lower. It doesn't matter as that is getting out of the cartridges envelope of service.

I did a test on old fence posts with all five loads, all shot off hand at 113paces and amazingly all five shots with five types printed a 3" or less group!

Amazingly the HV lasers were very tight groupers with just on opening the group and was easily me, in fact I called on shot on each session! 

The T22 were very good also.

A different bullet than yesteryear they performed brilliantly.

The 42grn Winchester subsonic I am waining on, they are good but are not a patch on the old Winchester subbies.

I kept shooting and increasing the distance to a guessed 300 yds and eventually hit what I was aiming for.

When I got down there I recovered a bullet. The T22 bullet only went in the earth a couple of inches and with hardly any deformation. My initial thoughts were that there must be only powerful airgun energies left at 300yds!

I had a three hour session during which the pain killers wore off and my swollen knackers started hurting so I went home but I went home happy, happy I can still shoot a rifle despite failing eyes.

All shooting was done offhand.

The yearning for an auto is back on the back burner ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi;

I had a 525 semi auto from new back in around 1983, it was very accurate and 'pretty' reliable.

I had a Parker Hale mod on it (as that was just about all there was back then), but it made the gun a 'yard+' long

but still balanced. I shot hundreds of Rabbits with it, mostly with Winchester Lazer HV, or Win Sub's for a quieter

signature. That was the beginning of the end for it really, because new neighbours here and there with horses and

one field, new bungalows popping up in the corner of once deserted fields meant that shooting rifles nearby was not

received well by the new 'locals'. So the HV had to go, and with it the S/A, as it would fail to cycle after about 50 rounds

from a good clean. So it was replaced with a shiny new CZ bolt, then a Miroku BL15 lever, the lever gun was just about

perfect in that it had the fast cycling of a S/A with the closed bolt of a B/A rifle.

Anyway these days I shoot a Sako Finnfire Varmint cut to 16" with a Whisper mod, and a Leupold VX3 scope, very nice

but a bit heavy.

If you fancy a bit of quicker firepower try a Browning or Miroku BL15, easily the best compromise (in my very humble opinion).

AndyF

2 hours ago, andyf said:

Hi;

I had a 525 semi auto from new back in around 1983, it was very accurate and 'pretty' reliable.

I had a Parker Hale mod on it (as that was just about all there was back then), but it made the gun a 'yard+' long

but still balanced. I shot hundreds of Rabbits with it, mostly with Winchester Lazer HV, or Win Sub's for a quieter

signature. That was the beginning of the end for it really, because new neighbours here and there with horses and

one field, new bungalows popping up in the corner of once deserted fields meant that shooting rifles nearby was not

received well by the new 'locals'. So the HV had to go, and with it the S/A, as it would fail to cycle after about 50 rounds

from a good clean. So it was replaced with a shiny new CZ bolt, then a Miroku BL15 lever, the lever gun was just about

perfect in that it had the fast cycling of a S/A with the closed bolt of a B/A rifle.

Anyway these days I shoot a Sako Finnfire Varmint cut to 16" with a Whisper mod, and a Leupold VX3 scope, very nice

but a bit heavy.

If you fancy a bit of quicker firepower try a Browning or Miroku BL15, easily the best compromise (in my very humble opinion).

AndyF

As it happens I miss my 9422. That was an amazing little rifle. ?

16 hours ago, Underdog said:

Thanks guys.

Been ill with an infection in one of my testicles! All Thursday in bed apart from visiting doctors.

Unfortunately that means to much YouTube!

Felt better today so thought I would go buy some ammo and have a plink.

I don't need anything but to shoot what I have!

IMG_20190104_114805309.jpg.9c4aa5cec3b372b2ab87d29703007b07.jpg

I had good fun and was pleasantly surprised or reminded how good the 2e really is.

I walked on a simulated rabbit hunt by shooting rocks and cow pat's from 10yds to 100yds. All the ammo without any zero change connected just fine but with the fiocchi at long range (200 yards plus) the occasional one would drop lower. It doesn't matter as that is getting out of the cartridges envelope of service.

I did a test on old fence posts with all five loads, all shot off hand at 113paces and amazingly all five shots with five types printed a 3" or less group!

Amazingly the HV lasers were very tight groupers with just on opening the group and was easily me, in fact I called on shot on each session! 

The T22 were very good also.

A different bullet than yesteryear they performed brilliantly.

The 42grn Winchester subsonic I am waining on, they are good but are not a patch on the old Winchester subbies.

I kept shooting and increasing the distance to a guessed 300 yds and eventually hit what I was aiming for.

When I got down there I recovered a bullet. The T22 bullet only went in the earth a couple of inches and with hardly any deformation. My initial thoughts were that there must be only powerful airgun energies left at 300yds!

I had a three hour session during which the pain killers wore off and my swollen knackers started hurting so I went home but I went home happy, happy I can still shoot a rifle despite failing eyes.

All shooting was done offhand.

The yearning for an auto is back on the back burner ?

How did you find the old Winchester subs in the white box compared to the current ones Nathan?

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

How did you find the old Winchester subs in the white box compared to the current ones Nathan?

Much much better. Flatter shooting over the normal range and a little tighter than the 42grn Winchester and  the fiocchi ammo. I'm not trashing the others though in saying the above.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Much much better. Flatter shooting over the normal range and a little tighter than the 42grn Winchester and  the fiocchi ammo. I'm not trashing the others though in saying the above.

Your findings don’t surprise me Nathan ?

• Like 1
On 04/01/2019 at 16:08, Rimfireboy! said:

How about a cz511 Nathan?

BEA314C5-4777-418A-A781-3933203BED1F.jpeg

I fancy one of these and have a spare slot on my ticket.

I have had two Anschutz 525s and although they where both 100% reliable neither where very accurate. Most probably not helped by having a trigger like a rusty bog door latch. I had the second one's trigger worked on which did improve it but it was nowhere near as accurate as my cz 452, so we parted company.

• Like 1