What do people value perms at

A trade off is not a friend/mate in my books,sneaky trick to even try, seems like a sly dog to me, I would stay well clear,pick up a 2nd hand combo to get out there keep the landowner happy and fcuk your so called mate,as others have said why can't he get out their getting his own perms....Good luck with whichever road you take bud...

• Like 1

I'm not really following the OP.

A gun for a permission and  What do people value perms at.

I work on lots of different land and have Permissions going back many years I can rely on, I'd never consider giving any away or swapping any for a gun.   I have good relationships with these landowners, and its staying that way! 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Got to put yourself in the landowners shoes.If someone I knew and hitherto trusted announced to me that they'd passed the perm to a stranger, I'd be seriously worried and feel completely shat-on.

In my opinion that's seriously bad form.

No you wouldn’t, you would just say NO, now neither of you have permission, it’s not his to pass on.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have about 13 permissions but will not let anybody on them  apart from one of my shooting partners  ,but that's not all of them 

The land owner puts his trust in me and its me  that will respect his wishes 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, villaman said:

I have about 13 permissions but will not let anybody on them  apart from one of my shooting partners  ,but that's not all of them 

The land owner puts his trust in me and its me  that will respect his wishes 

when you think about it were bloody lucky to get permission when for the most of us in this section its our hobby!

I think were lucky when you weigh up what there trusting us with

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

At Christmas I took a drink around to the farmer on my “longest permission “. He said to me,there really is no need for that. This was followed by “you treat the farm with respect, let me know if you see any problems, and have always behaved. That man will never know how good i felt

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Metalman2 said:

At Christmas I took a drink around to the farmer on my “longest permission “. He said to me,there really is no need for that. This was followed by “you treat the farm with respect, let me know if you see any problems, and have always behaved. That man will never know how good i felt

It does work both ways, we’re not just shooting, we’re a trusted pair of eyes around the place, poaching, littering, sick/injured/dying/dead stock, damaged fences, theft, you name it, it’s a two way street.

• Like 1