What do people value perms at

What wondering what people value perms at I've got perm all over can never get round it all. Have lads asking me to let them on and have a word with farmer to let them on i know if I had words he would but think I'd be shooting myself in the foot reason I'm asking is the dirty twat who said he's got a rifle for me hasnt now he wanted a perm in swap to an s400 ....was tempting to get a gun to get out again but will have the perm as long as I'm alive the farmer ain't much older than me so many years shooting ferreting etc left.  Decent numbers of bunny too 

Call me a selfish twat but good perms with loyal landowners are hard to come by.

If its a close friend that your positive isnt going to sh*t on you then all well and good but i wouldnt be inviting people onto any of my perms that weren't like a brother to me pal. 

Also, if they turn out to be a dick and trample barbed wire fences etc or even invite other pals on that act up as well, it all comes back to you.

Have they got insurance etc. In my opinion there's too much at stake.

Find it........keep it pal ?

• Like 9

Id trust him but the way he was sneaky and knowing the situation at min with being out of sport for time being offering an s400 to get him on ... Thought he was a pal but only trying to take advantage by look of it id rather not take his gun he could of said there's a gun here do a day at his and a day at mine like we used to years ago. Trust no one seems they always have a motive.

A lot. Getting permissions is either super hard or just luck of the draw. 

Bascially. I’m allowed no one on mine, not even my dog, a small dog too, without sucking the landowners balls a bit. “If people see you on the land with a dog, they’ll think they can do it too...” to which I just don’t answer back. But just get on my knees and wait for the soft hairy nut.

Fortunatly, I’ve shot the same locations fo a few years now so I’m kinda known, but I value them enough to stick the rules that I’ve been given. After all, it’s the landowners property. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, flynndog said:

Id trust him but the way he was sneaky and knowing the situation at min with being out of sport for time being offering an s400 to get him on ... Thought he was a pal but only trying to take advantage by look of it id rather not take his gun he could of said there's a gun here do a day at his and a day at mine like we used to years ago. Trust no one seems they always have a motive.

Flynn i seem to remember you saying you had an old hw35 or the like that used to be your dads old gun

but it was in need of a refurbishment

and you were going to send it up to me one day when you dug it out

pop it in the post now and ill do it up for you mate no charge

and i dont want a perm for it ether or a day out on your perms

get it sent up and ill have it done in two weeks tops

iv got a few bits and bobs here still for hw,s

so any thing it needs iv got unless it needs new seals

ill even get them for you at my cost .

If you dont have it any more try and get an old cheep nakker and ill sort it for you mate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,, if a mate says he has a rifle for you

then says he wants a perm for it

iv got news for you flynn

HE IS NO MATE

hell iv got friends off here who have not even met me

and any one of them have and will lone me a rifle if i wanted one

even that twat vm;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Flynn i seem to remember you saying you had an old hw35 or the like that used to be your dads old gun

but it was in need of a refurbishment

and you were going to send it up to me one day when you dug it out

pop it in the post now and ill do it up for you mate no charge

and i dont want a perm for it ether or a day out on your perms

get it sent up and ill have it done in two weeks tops

iv got a few bits and bobs here still for hw,s

so any thing it needs iv got unless it needs new seals

ill even get them for you at my cost .

If you dont have it any more try and get an old cheep nakker and ill sort it for you mate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,, if a mate says he has a rifle for you

then says he wants a perm for it

iv got news for you flynn

HE IS NO MATE

hell iv got friends off here who have not even met me

and any one of them have and will lone me a rifle if i wanted one

even that twat vm;)

I know he's no mate offering a gun then asking for a perm for it one word .... SNAKE. There's lads on here I've spoken to and dealt with you being one of them Mac that is trust more than those who call themselves mates I'll have a look if it's still there. Think 're a hw35e i forgot about it to be fair heads up my arse 

How can you value a permission there's some i only need to go on to once a year , then others  3/4 times a season and others you can go every other week .But a good farmers worth there weight in gold these days , most if there getting something for nothing will let everybody on it , then how can you plan things or leave snares or traps out ?.  If ive got a good farmer do what you can get out during the week that seems to impress them more than the weekend warriors that seem to just turn up for a couple of hours on a saturday morning .

And i would be wary of your so called mate wanting to swap a gun for you getting him permission  is there a good reason he cant knock on door or get his own permission has he been black listed locally ?. i have to share some permissions but if i get the chance i flatten then and the newbies dont seem to last 

Don't do it doesn't sound like a mate to me . 

The only way you could do it by letting him come with you and you only , but he might just go behind you back and shit on you from a great height and end up losing your permission 

At the end o the day its up to you ,but a BIG NO from me 

• Like 2

Hi Guys, Happy New Year to you all.

If I could give my unbiased view of this. The answer to the original question of what do we value permissions at is ZERO. It's not yours or ours, it belongs to someone else and he has given you permission to use it. It's not some kind of legacy you can pass onto whoever you like. The permission to shoot there could end any time the owner likes, for any reason, and passing it onto someone else would most likely end in that permission being revoked for both of you. 

Enjoy it while you've got it and let the other bloke find his own. 

24 minutes ago, walshie said:

Hi Guys, Happy New Year to you all.

If I could give my unbiased view of this. The answer to the original question of what do we value permissions at is ZERO. It's not yours or ours, it belongs to someone else and he has given you permission to use it. It's not some kind of legacy you can pass onto whoever you like. The permission to shoot there could end any time the owner likes, for any reason, and passing it onto someone else would most likely end in that permission being revoked for both of you. 

Enjoy it while you've got it and let the other bloke find his own. 

Never a truer word spoken permision is hard enough to get as it is

• Like 3

sly fecker offering you gun for your permission bud,mates like that you don't need ive had one like that you only saw him when he was in the sh.t, when you were having hard times never saw him good riddance to feckers like that bud

• Like 1

I keep my perm to myself. I treat treat them with massive respect,  I'm honoured to have mine. I have done the sharing thing once and was shafted massively through my own trust.  Never again, I lost one place.  I understand I could loose them any time.  Enjoy your perms and save up for a gun.

• Like 1