Anyone successfully bred ferret hybrid

What would be the point??? Ferrets have been domesticated for years to get them were they are today, a wild polecat, Mink stoat are out and out killers, why would you want to add that to a line of ferrets? The whole idea of ferreting is to bolt the rabbits not spend all day digging out dead rabbits. 

• Like 8

If you got good working ferrets you don't need any quirks 

Ive saw 3 working and i wouldn't give any of them hutch room , if fact i rehomed 2 of them for the guys who grew fed up of them and they went to a show guy who knew them for what they where just really dark polecats 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, neil b said:

That’s all they are rossett hunters, or money spinners, micros, angoras, etc if it’s not white it’s not right!!!! 

Well nearly ive 12 here and there all just ferret to ferret never seem a show or a cotton bud and never will  but there all different colours wait till your old as me and your eye sight starts to go and you need to pop 4 or 5 different coloured ferrets in a warren to keep track that there all moving about without tramping all over the warren with a knocker box 

4 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Two of my Jill's are polecat hybrids, but thinly diluted.

I also know a few people with domesticated polecats.

A wild polecat ? No thanks - I value my fingers !

The ones i saw where a bit different and they knew it   pure muscle whores  liking a porche to a corsa but when they where working the guys pulled out a raw chicken leg to get them to exit the burrow , and that was it for me im sure i laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out , then my days ferreting was over i was fascinated by the effort these guys had to go to to get there ferrets back 

• Like 1

Had two wild polecat crosses one time, a hob and a jill, jumping out of the hutch trying to attack you, nabbing anything that moved, the hob got his ending when he nabbed my dogs nose whilst marking a hole, the jill I PTS, was an absolute nightmare and I would never get them again, waste of time and nearly ruined my dog being broke to ferrets. But without mistakes you learn nothing whatsoever.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Wondering if it’s possible for a ferret to breed with anything closely related ie stoats Martin minks has anyone tried to do this and what results did you u get from any kits 

stoats are like roe deer they have delayed implantation. The fur lot have bred mink x ferrets, probably all their good for lol

ive had a half x polecat x ferret would strike you like a rattle snake  never worked her tho  bred her to a ferret kept a few 1/4 bred   jills kits  back these were easier to handle but very hit and miss when tried at work they would fly to ground one day and refuse point blank the next all in all a total waste of time the ferret was domesticated over 2 1/2 thousand years and is perfect for the job it was bred for so why try and change it 

8 hours ago, david jones said:

Best hybrid I ever bred for my new strain was quarter ferret touch of weasel line bred back to a stoat with a touch of Angora eu polecat  bred ferret with a hint of pine martin bolted rabbits like a ninja 

My mate bred a very similar litter but they all turned out vegan and would only eat sprouts and wheat grass 

• Like 1