On 25/01/2019 at 07:44, Arry said:

Did another batch yesterday not so hot this time, bought bit of beef skirt £2.50 marinated over night, 4 hours in the dehydrator. Good batch enough to fill one of them large Chinese take away containers. But I must be more religious with the measures of the marinate instead of a bit of this and a bit of that, so I can replicate a good batch Lol.

If any of you lads have a really good recipe that you would not mind sharing please tell. I been using recipes of the net, seem good and tastes as good as the stuff hanging in the booze isle.

Cheers Arry

any up dates Arry ,recipes etc ,putting ideas in my head ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMBLERS said:

any up dates Arry ,recipes etc ,putting ideas in my head ?

No sorry mate, got a bit carried away did loads mind my mates and my son reckoned it was as good as the stuff you buy. The wife got a bit fed up with Chinese containers full in the fridge Lol.

As for recipes was hoping somebody might have a secret recipe but nobody got back.

There are loads on line and most revolve around Soy Sauce, Worcester Sauce. Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Honey or Maple Syrup, Liquid Smoke is mentioned in some recipes but have not tried that yet. Marinate for 4 to 8 hours dry off with kitchen towels and dry. Drying can be done in a ordinarily oven at lowest setting or with the door ajar.

Think you have prompted me another batch would not go a miss. 

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
On 05/06/2019 at 21:06, Arry said:

No sorry mate, got a bit carried away did loads mind my mates and my son reckoned it was as good as the stuff you buy. The wife got a bit fed up with Chinese containers full in the fridge Lol.

As for recipes was hoping somebody might have a secret recipe but nobody got back.

There are loads on line and most revolve around Soy Sauce, Worcester Sauce. Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Honey or Maple Syrup, Liquid Smoke is mentioned in some recipes but have not tried that yet. Marinate for 4 to 8 hours dry off with kitchen towels and dry. Drying can be done in a ordinarily oven at lowest setting or with the door ajar.

Think you have prompted me another batch would not go a miss. 

Cheers Arry

put the strips in the dehydrator wet for a stronger finished flavour if you want it

• Like 1

I use mine for drying me brass now after my teeth ain't fit to chew anything these days. My Mrs was the same too, sick of the fridge being full of tubs of different trials. At least it's still used and dries brass well in twenty minutes ?

8 hours ago, hambone said:

put the strips in the dehydrator wet for a stronger finished flavour if you want it

Will try that makes sounds like a really good idea. Just done a batch last night after Ramblers fired me up again. A good batch it started with the recipe off that web site but had no liquid smoke so used smocked paprika added some balsamic syrup and some maple syrup.  I really must start measuring the stuff I add so I can replicate a good batch Lol.

IMG_0337.jpeg.a5d39c67002a07ac0649f19f30933440.jpeg

Cheers Arry

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I use mine for drying me brass now after my teeth ain't fit to chew anything these days. My Mrs was the same too, sick of the fridge being full of tubs of different trials. At least it's still used and dries brass well in twenty minutes ?

Sorry Gav I don't understand "drying me brass". 

Cheers Arry

11 minutes ago, Arry said:

Sorry Gav I don't understand "drying me brass". 

Cheers Arry

Brass cartridges for reloading. I sonic clean them after firing then dry them in my dehydrator before tumbling clean ?

• Thanks 1
On 14/06/2019 at 07:51, Gav said:

Oh and liquid smoke I bought mine on amazon, its expensive but is very nice and lasts an age as you use very little.

2019-06-14 07.50.28.jpg

Got some mate, will have to do another batch, what a shame.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1

Just as a matter of interest what heat do you use, one thing I always struggled with as there's no real guide, too hot makes it tough, think I was doing 55c to 60c.

Thanks ?

Oh a dash whisky or JD is nice ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Gav said:

Just as a matter of interest what heat do you use, one thing I always struggled with as there's no real guide, too hot makes it tough, think I was doing 55c to 60c.

Thanks ?

Oh a dash whisky or JD is nice ?

60 to 65 for 4 hours and a bit more if needed for the last batch turned out good made it a bit sweeter this time add a bit more Maple syrup. Whisky will give that a try, just trying a bottle of Shackleton by Mackinlay's. Saw a documentary about them finding some bottles of Whisky under a hut in Antarctica that belonged to Ernest Shackleton his own blend. This guy had I think it was tree bottles in a suit case chained to his wrist and brought them back to Scotland to try and recreate this blend. This bloke had a nose that was insured for millions and went around picking barrels to make the original blend, so not sure but think this is the result. Sorry mate went off at right angles there.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1