I’ve never done it myself but my mate has and said it’s the ultimate walked up shooting, I think he did ptarmigan and hare on the same shoot, he did it with George goldsmith sporting, I know it wasn’t cheap but it’s a once in a lifetime thing, twice if you are loaded ?

36 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve never done it myself but my mate has and said it’s the ultimate walked up shooting, I think he did ptarmigan and hare on the same shoot, he did it with George goldsmith sporting, I know it wasn’t cheap but it’s a once in a lifetime thing, twice if you are loaded ?

What sort of money are we talking? :icon_redface: :hmm:

If it's that expensive, it's probably not what I'm looking for tbh. I don't want to pay someone to do all the work for me.

I’ve just asked him and he said he thinks it was £160 each for the ptarmigan and you were in a group of 4 guns, he did 4 days up there with different shooting each day and stayed in a posh hotel where he was pampered, the whole experience was about £1400, I don’t think £160 is to bad for a day up there if you sort your own accommodation out, people pay more than that for a day on pheasant around here

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve just asked him and he said he thinks it was £160 each for the ptarmigan and you were in a group of 4 guns, he did 4 days up there with different shooting each day and stayed in a posh hotel where he was pampered, the whole experience was about £1400, I don’t think £160 is to bad for a day up there if you sort your own accommodation out, people pay more than that for a day on pheasant around here

Per bird or per Gun? That's not bad either way given that you will probably only shoot a brace. Thanks for asking.

A driven do local to me went 60k in overages! I don't think we Can really compare to pheasant though. The two appeal to a very different kinds of Gun.

:good:

After asking a few more questions of his mate who went with him he said he doesn’t know where he’s got that price from because they did a package deal, ?, he said for walked up ptarmigan with the chance of an odd grouse was £550 for a full day on the scree slopes, you could keep a brace of grouse per gun but couldn’t keep any ptarmigan, the only thing the crank got right was there needed to be 4 guns, sorry I mislead you a bit there ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

What sort of money are we talking? :icon_redface: :hmm:

If it's that expensive, it's probably not what I'm looking for tbh. I don't want to pay someone to do all the work for me.

I will ask about for you