any you guys recommend a hands free haversack type sling for woodland walking and rocky hillside where a pair of hands is needed to be safe ,i will buy either on line or shop ,i dont care .or if anyone could suggest a strong safe non slip type ,thanks in advance 

Something along these lines but wondering if they can be risen further higher up your back,i do a bit of walking on hilly rocky ground and 2 hands free is essential at times ,,any other types recommended would also be welcome thanks 

Screenshot_20181230-190000_Messenger.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 21:32, the scudd said:

i had the niggeloh sling and found it a pain to use, the rifle would be slapping side to side .

the z aim is a far better option

thanks Scudd...thats the one im going for ,was to buy it this week but an unexpected situation turned up so postponed for a few weeks now .

I know that everything in Norway is expensive but €338 is just stupid. So what's wrong with a bit of creative modification with the sling that you already have?  you've seen the video clips so if you go to eBay and type in nylon webbings, there are loads of different nylon straps and click type fixings for small money that can be used to do this. personally I prefer to carry my rifle muzzle down and on the front of me like army patrol mode. also I carry a backpack battery on back when out at night.  one time when out at night I did trip/fall into a rain made trench in a field once and my rifle came off my back onto the field. the scope was knocked off of zero. since then I carry on my front.

something like this >>>>  

On 24/01/2019 at 11:58, Meece said:

I know that everything in Norway is expensive but €338 is just stupid. So what's wrong with a bit of creative modification with the sling that you already have?  you've seen the video clips so if you go to eBay and type in nylon webbings, there are loads of different nylon straps and click type fixings for small money that can be used to do this. personally I prefer to carry my rifle muzzle down and on the front of me like army patrol mode. also I carry a backpack battery on back when out at night.  one time when out at night I did trip/fall into a rain made trench in a field once and my rifle came off my back onto the field. the scope was knocked off of zero. since then I carry on my front.

something like this >>>>  

that Meece wont work in the woods i walk as the trees in a few places are very close and the muzzle of the gun will defo hit a few branches and get caught up in foliage ,the Z Aim pro stalker  seems to be exactly what i need ,sitting straight up my back so when i bend under the branches ,squeeze through the narrow saplings  i wont have to hold the gun in close to me ,and have hands free to work my way through...thanks for the clip ...interesting to aee the different ideas

On 23/01/2019 at 21:27, jack lee said:

try GERMAN STOCK HAVERSACK ABOUT 120 POUND,GOOD BIT OF KIT

any link for that one ,i put it in to amazon and nothing came up,tried youtube and not what im looking for ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2019 at 11:46, jigsaw said:

and then i found this one ....BUT f**k ME LOOK AT THE PRICE ........PASSSSS||||

I've got one and recommend it highly! For extended hunts in challenging terrain it's totally worth the price. Essentially replaces a daysack, sling and bipod in one and does the job better than any sling will. For the price most pay for a pair of decent boots.

5977AD89-9EAE-48CD-A464-4C7796A6B10C.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I've got one and recommend it highly! For extended hunts in challenging terrain it's totally worth the price. Essentially replaces a daysack, sling and bipod in one and does the job better than any sling will. For the price most pay for a pair of decent boots.

5977AD89-9EAE-48CD-A464-4C7796A6B10C.jpeg

Thanks BH ,appreciate the input ,but honestly starting around 269 sterling is WAYYYY  out of my price range ...im not actually looking for a back pack anyway just a rifle sling ...im going to go with the Z aim i think ,it looks like it will suit my needs  better 

• Like 1