Hello From South Wales

Good evening chaps and a Happy New Year to you all.

Its been a number of years since I was last knocking about on here so thought id introduce myself again. I haven't hunted since about 2011 when I was 14, since found women and beer etc. etc. You know how it goes ?.

Well I've just turned the ripe old age of 23 and found the bug again. My Lurcher Reggie is now 17 months old and has a strong prey drive so Im very keen to get him out working. Reggie was one of dogs from the last litter from my bitch who I just couldn't help but keep. His mother is a Bedlington x Whippet and his father was a Greyhound x Bull Terrier x Saluki. At 17 months he now stands roughly 27'' to the shoulder and has got much bigger than both his mother and father. 

Aside from the dog, I still have my Air Arms s410 carbine which I've just fitted a Deben bi-pod to this week (Im also in the market for a new scope so feel free to suggest any recommendations). Managed to get out yesterday and get one grey. I've also just fitted a Brattonsound  cabinet in the house and will be sending off my SGC application this week so fingers crossed. Hoping to get into all manner of hunting with the main intention of having food for the pot and just getting out and enjoying the bloody outdoors again.

If anyone is local to the south wales area and would like to go out some time, feel free to pm me and we can have a natter.

Once again, Happy New Year to you all and I hope to see you around

Brad.

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

49343532_2196335210605363_6784279346614894592_n.jpg

49506431_274911016527211_7541725227588255744_n.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...
On 09/11/2019 at 11:37, Rat ha tat tat said:

Hi brad and welcome nice gun mate your from up and under land are you I'm a pontypool lad or should I say old lad myself penygarn been living in Newport now for 28 years but family still lives in ponty best of luck with your  adventures butty and take care out there ?

Nice area around mamhilad and goytre.Had a pint in The Star and Horseshoes the other day,next time I'm up that way going to have a meal in Horseshoes,food looks stunning and proper cosy country pub with plenty of history. We usually goto Pontypool harvester.

Have you hunted in that area?

Hi mate yes I'm pontypool born and bread I hunt in usk ,little mill got a lot of farms in that area to shoot rats rabbits and so on went out last night ratting had 18 in two hours a bit cold a bit shakie so should of had more I got some pics I will post up later of the rats and gun ,,, ps try the waney-Clare pub for a meal outstanding food ?

6 hours ago, Rat ha tat tat said:

Hi mate yes I'm pontypool born and bread I hunt in usk ,little mill got a lot of farms in that area to shoot rats rabbits and so on went out last night ratting had 18 in two hours a bit cold a bit shakie so should of had more I got some pics I will post up later of the rats and gun ,,, ps try the waney-Clare pub for a meal outstanding food ?

My mates/mate just bought a new build in Little Mill,absolutely love the area.Been to waen-y-clare a good few years ago,but not for food,had a pint round back in beer garden.

Had permission years ago when Lord Raglan was alive in Cefn tilla court sorting the rabbits out,they were digging up his roseadendrams,always remember when we use to go there he would spend ages showing us his classic cars.He even had one inside his house,don't ask me how he got it in there??

Good shout on the rats,yes a cold one last night,look forward to see the pictures.

51 minutes ago, Rat ha tat tat said:

Here's two hours out Saturday evening a bit to cold but had a few I love ratting the most I've had ever in one night was 168 on a pig farm I got the other pics are of my friends lol 

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

Some nice sized rats there.

Nice gun.

• Like 1