Odd couloured rabbits

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a few red coloured/foxy rabbits,and pure black ,and a lot of piebald over the years but the one below was a bit strange,...

Had loads black rabbits, but a bit off subject well sort of caught a few white rats when ferreting smoking the pens, lads said they got them regular, first for me and i have had a rat or two in my tim

Posted Images

Same here caught loads of diffrent odd coloured ones over the years but never a albino , picked up a lop ear and a old english  but i reckon they where pets that got dumped 

that is an unusual one jiggy...black and tan...very apt for Ireland ...

had all colours...had multipull blacks out of warrens in the past...also had double sandy's out of a warren.....had plenty blues and gingers ...the one colour ive never caught is a white...and the only time I have ever seen a genuine wild white ...was in france ...

I think the first ever catch on camera that bonnie my present lurcher did was a black....vin has it on film....if he sees this thread he may put it up

• Like 1

One of our permissions throws up these and there is another where we jet the jet black ones. We also get a few of what we call white star rabbits which are the ones with a white flash between their eyes. Years ago on a farm we caught some small rabbits that had very soft light grey fur for several seasons.

CIMG0348.jpg.c9a7f545205a8333c2b2ea20eba73328.jpg

CIMG0356.jpg.28cfcc6e2ee06291dfef4b65240e58d5.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:58, ryaldinhio said:

Can pick up husky 435 from PTE in Donny for £125+vat at the min, rate bargain!

Out of interest Micky, how do you dress a rabbit with a chainsaw? ?

That a river on your boundary? You get to fish it? Looks very nice.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:32, Robbusher said:

Just wondering what different coulours and sized rabbits you ferreting lads caught over the years and do you have pictures of them 

I CATCH A LOT OF THE LITTLE UNS FOR SOME REASON ?  A PLACE I DO IN LEICESTERSHIRE  THEY PUT SOME BLACK REX DOWN ,IT WAS BETWEEN THE YEARS  AND THE LAND ALL AROUND SEEMS TO BE DOMINATED BY THEM AND I HAVE BEEN ON THAT SPREAD FOR 55YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE WITH MIXI  , THE ARE BIGGER THAN AVERAGE AND HAVE  A VERY GOOD COAT AND THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE PUT DOWN TO DO , I AM TOLD TO INTRODUCE A STRAIN  YOU GO THE OTHER WAY WHEN GETTING YOUR STOCK ANIMALS  I E ,IF YOU BREED TAME RABBITS YOU SELECT A DOE WHO WILL LET YOU STROKE HER SAME WITH A BUCK IF YOU RELEASE THEM TO THE WILD YOU NEED THE ONES THAT GO FOR MEAT , THE BITERS THESE WITH AGGRESTION  WILL DO BETTER IN THE WILD . ANOTHER PLACE THEY BREED TRUE IS ALTHORPE IN NORTHAMTONSHIRE , IN 1900 THE EARL HAD SOME WHITE ONES INTRODUCED TO CHEER THE GARDEN UP AND THEY  ARE STILL THERE AND I CAUGHT PLENTY AND THE LAST TIME I DROVE THROUGH NOBOTTLE THERE WAS ADEAD ONE ON THE ROAD ,THE THING WITH THESE WHITE RABBITS IS THEY NEVER LOOK WHITE  THEY ARE A RED BROWN COLOUR THE SAME AS THE SOIL  IN FACT YOU DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE WHITE UNTILL YOU KILL THEM AND SEE THE UNDER FUR 

Picture055.jpg

DSCF2965_zpsuguzgiww.jpg

P1010322_zps808c14fa.jpg

• Like 6
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 07:30, jigsaw said:

Got a few red coloured/foxy rabbits,and pure black ,and a lot of piebald over the years but the one below was a bit strange,...

Screenshot_20190102-072722_Photobucket.jpg

20190102_072650.jpg

that's like the two I saw but they looked blue ?

they'd just get nailed but it would be interesting to put all the odd coloured ones near home to see what turned up