Time to put the Hatsans away...

Further to someone else's thread about buying a new rifle, I decided to internet shop the prices of two guns, the veritable 60 S and the 99. 

Back when I started the Hatsan 60 was over £100 cheaper than the 99. Both had iron sights and 2 stage triggers, both were in the starter gun line up. Nothing much has changed. Only the prices have.  Shopping aritarily at Redbeck, as they stock both rifles...

Hatsan 60

HW99

Who in hell's name is going to pay that much for the Turkish brute when for a few quid more you can have the svelte Brunhilda? Fair enough, when they were a hundred quid cheaper then yes, you could recommend them, but now? The lira has fallen through the floor, so exchange rates our in our favour, yet prices remain resolutely high. Yes it is a well made gun, but it is not that well made. 

I can only put it down to greed at the importers! On the continent these guns are still selling for around the £100-120 mark. Over here a third more. Not like they are the only thing on the truck coming over is it? I mean Edgar Brothers also sell lots of shotguns too, also Edgar Brothers will not be the only RFD en route between Turkey and England either, so no excuse for paying for a 35 tonne hgv for 2 pallets.... 

Will I recommend my faithful old spring powered friends again? Not until the prices fall back to where they were. 

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 2