Dedito boots

Talking to a keeper earlier today who had a pair of these on. He said they were better than his Dovre which lasted him all of three months! Up close they look a good boot and having watched and read about them, I might consider getting a pair of these next. Not sure if they’ll suit long walks on the fell after hounds ?

• Like 1
On 02/01/2019 at 17:21, cragman said:

Talking to a keeper earlier today who had a pair of these on. He said they were better than his Dovre which lasted him all of three months! Up close they look a good boot and having watched and read about them, I might consider getting a pair of these next. Not sure if they’ll suit long walks on the fell after hounds ?

What was the best boot to date you’ve used on the fell cragman.

I have to say that I’ve only ever used Meindl. Either the Vakuum which I’m on now or the Burma. Both suit me. They’re mainly for walking in for a full day so comfort is important along with being waterproof. The comfort part is important to me as I have poor feet underneath, (no flesh) so if a boot’s not right, I’ll suffer. I can’t tell you about others as I’ve never worn anything else. Sometimes I just feel like having a change but these boots last me a long time so when the time comes for some new boots I always stick to what I like in the end. I’ve heard good things about Lowa Tibets, the Meindl dovre and one or two others. These Deditos look ok ?

• Like 1

Just took delivery on a pair phoned Dedito for advice and like you say flacko he advised going up a half size tried them on and they are real comfy and light well made out stalking Saturday so shall see how they cope on the hill but so far so good ?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes flacko they are spot on warm and dry all the time had mine on the hill stalking in wet heather and bracken  had them on ferreting in the snow so far so good Dedito recomend giving them a going over with a good boot balm every other month just the same as any other boot I suppose I'm a size 7 and the guy recommended going half size up so got 7& half they are snug fitting but not too tight but real comfortable lets you wear a thick sock if you want I wear merino wool hiking socks they are not too thick just nice all in all I'm pleased with them ? 

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

Yes flacko they are bang on. They have worn in a good bit now and are just as comfortable wear them everyday walking the dogs lamping ferreting shooting wore them to work few times too when they are muddy I just hose them off and give them a brush and let them dry naturally not near heaters once a month brush altberg clear wax boot dressing in to them not had any problems wither at all ?

• Like 1