T X 200 HC MK3 .177 V Pro Sport .177

Well i gave these two another shoot off between themselves on the new range at home.

I still can`t split them :no:

The T Rex carries a full Rat Works tune.

IMG_1259.JPG.9e5c6a4a2948256782423c681e6210bf.JPG

The Pro Sport is completely untouched.

IMG_1245.JPG.c2723f82557164bd7193e9357d2da4bc.JPG

Both rifles put a 12 shot group inside a 5p piece.

atb  Mark.

• Like 4

Two lovely groups Mark??

Choices choices pal. 

Thats why i cant own more than 2 at a time. 1 springer and 1 pcp pal. It does my head in deciding what to take out with me and im down to just a springer now so its always an easy choice.....thank god???

12 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Two lovely groups Mark??

Choices choices pal. 

Thats why i cant own more than 2 at a time. 1 springer and 1 pcp pal. It does my head in deciding what to take out with me and im down to just a springer now so its always an easy choice.....thank god???

Thanks Matt,

A lovely calm day today, so i thought it rude not to put the HW 97K into the competition also ( Pianoman`s ex 97K).

The German L4 reticle ( cross hairs and red dot) on the Hawke Endurance is deadly accurate, i love them.

IMG_1261.JPG.01ee14ec4e3c4c62bd8c9ed600224ec2.JPG

Yet to test the other rifles, as those three just tested, are my modern spring rifles.

Classics next.

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
On 31/12/2018 at 16:32, mark williams said:

Well i gave these two another shoot off between themselves on the new range at home.

I still can`t split them :no:

The T Rex carries a full Rat Works tune.

IMG_1259.JPG.9e5c6a4a2948256782423c681e6210bf.JPG

The Pro Sport is completely untouched.

IMG_1245.JPG.c2723f82557164bd7193e9357d2da4bc.JPG

Both rifles put a 12 shot group inside a 5p piece.

atb  Mark.

Pro sport has the edge mark

but as iv sayd before the sales of the ps have fallen since you bought one

???

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Same old , same old post again TX200 v Pro sport  or was it Pro sport v TX200 :hmm: :laugh::thumbs:

I know, i know, I did say i`ll give a none bias review after buying both rifles and i have, i hope ?

So that is that, the only difference is personal preference in my humbles.

Both of these Air Arms rifles were/ are outstanding.

atb  Mark.

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

I know, i know, I did say i`ll give a none bias review after buying both rifles and i have, i hope ?

So that is that, the only difference is personal preference in my humbles.

Both of these Air Arms rifles were/ are outstanding.

atb  Mark.

So which one  is your personal preference ?

10 hours ago, villaman said:

So which one  is your personal preference ?

I knew you would ask that one Mitch.:hmm::yes:

Truth is, for me.

Both are every bit as good as each other and i find it very hard to put one above the other.

A draw would be my thoughts lads - i would not be without either of these two rifles in .177 cal.

atb  Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, after owning both a TX200HC Mk.lll .177 carbine and my current Pro Sport .22 both were/are every bit as accurate as each other. 

But for me, my Pro Sport is the epitome of elegant, classical hunting rifle beauty with supreme precision accuracy.

The current TX200 stock with its curvier fore end though, is very nice and comfortable to handle in the aim. A lot better than the Mk.lll stock which was a bit box-like though a practical handling stock; and I was very impressed with the overall accuracy performance of Philpot's TX200HC .177 when he brought his over to my place a couple of years ago. 

Full power, one hole precision accuracy cannot be beaten, no matter what you pay for it. 

If you can shoot well with a spring rifle, the TX and the Pro Sport are at the top of the peak of what a spring rifle is capable of.

So which do you like the look of.? That's the only real question between these two fantastic spring under levers. 

Pianoman

• Like 1

Yes I agree Simon they cannot be beaten in the right hands and you most certainly do have the right hands. I don't get excited about springers at all and I did enjoy the TX200 I had but found the pellet loading to be a pain at night and just too heavy for me to walk around the fields with, perhaps quite different in a hide where you are waiting for the target to come to you. As I have said before, I really did enjoy using an HW57 and bitterly regret not buying as it was a cracker to use,  small one hole groups at 25mt on the indoor range and light enough to carry around. 

I know one or two of you have said they can be a pain but nevertheless it is the only springer that I fancy.

Of course what I know about springers could be written on my thumb nail with room to spare but one day I might take the plunge again and buy one.

Phil