54 minutes ago, mackem said:

Looking at all those rivets in the bridge,how many peoples memories on that structure mate.

Can’t even imagine really can you, I bet there’s some amazing memories and stories along with some sad ones too.

I wonder what people that worked on it and are still alive now would make of the Northen Spire bridge and the way it was built in comparison to how they done things back in their day.

3 hours ago, mackem said:

Northern spire bridge is a monstrosity compared to the older bridges with true character on both the tyne and the wear,enjoy your new year mate ?

All the best for 2019 pal, wherever you may be spending it ?

• Like 1

I reckon I was in a pub last summer just where you have taken some of these pics. Can't remember it's name but it was an amazing place to be in. All the walls are covered in murals and even the toilets don't have the normal wall coverings. A good pint as well. Jok.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Thats a nice shot with that bean and the light showing of them rivets mate. Happy New Year Andy.

Cheers Arry

Thanks Arry, it’s the one of the night that stood out to me too...

All the best for 2019 to you and yours Arry.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jok said:

I reckon I was in a pub last summer just where you have taken some of these pics. Can't remember it's name but it was an amazing place to be in. All the walls are covered in murals and even the toilets don't have the normal wall coverings. A good pint as well. Jok.

Could be the Pitcher & Piano Jok as that’s just down from the millennium bridge ??? Although there a loads of pubs and bars down the quayside which step it up a level as it’s “the place to be” for a night out.

• Like 2

Just found out. Free Trade Inn. Highly recommended both for beer and entertainment. Must admit I enjoyed that little jaunt and had one of the locals take our pics looking up river to the millennium bridge. Sorry to digress. Beautiful pictures. Jok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1