CORDLESS CHAINSAW

3 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Can pick up husky 435 from PTE in Donny for £125+vat at the min, rate bargain!

Out of interest Micky, how do you dress a rabbit with a chainsaw? ?

That a river on your boundary? You get to fish it? Looks very nice.

Who ever took the stuff also took our knife , it was a wedding present  45 years ago  Jan1st 1974.

The River is the Doe which converges with the Lwiss about a hundred yards away it then turns into the Greta and further on it is the lune , they tell me it is a good Sea Trout river and there is a Salmon leap outside our house  the old fellah at the side of us tells us he came from Bentham and back in the day everyone was at  the Salmon,  I you want to fish it it's £4 from the post office, me my self no nothing about fishing and keep away from the river cuz after two hours rain it would kill yer . 

009.JPG

2 hours ago, micky said:

Who ever took the stuff also took our knife , it was a wedding present  45 years ago  Jan1st 1974.

The River is the Doe which converges with the Lwiss about a hundred yards away it then turns into the Greta and further on it is the lune , they tell me it is a good Sea Trout river and there is a Salmon leap outside our house  the old fellah at the side of us tells us he came from Bentham and back in the day everyone was at  the Salmon,  I you want to fish it it's £4 from the post office, me my self no nothing about fishing and keep away from the river cuz after two hours rain it would kill yer . 

009.JPG

Mate if you got salmon leaping at the end of the garden it's time to take up fishing!

Very powerful thing water it definitely needs to be treated with respect. Some water coming through there in the pic.

12 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Mate if you got salmon leaping at the end of the garden it's time to take up fishing!

Very powerful thing water it definitely needs to be treated with respect. Some water coming through there in the pic.

I ONLY LIKE TINNED SALMON AND I AM FRIT OF WATER , I COME FROM THE LAND OF THE RIVER SOAR  WHERE THE SALMON ARE THE SHAPE OF SHOPPING TROLLEYS 

16 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Sorry to hear about the knife fella aswell. Sounds like it means more than the chainsaw.

CHAINSAW DID'NT GO JUST KNIFE AXE WEDGE AND OIL , I THINK IT WAS SOME SORT OF EVIDENCE BECAUSE SOME ONE CUT A TREE DOWN AND THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME  SO I DOBBED MY MRS IN 

• 10 months later...

The mechanical side is ok and for what they are their quite impressive  but the weak point are the batteries. People say it's New technology but unless you are using them really regularly the batteries fail. How many on here have battery drills that are like  new but the battery packs dont hold charge.

Ps,  I think that the multi use battery pack for the Stihl which can be planted Into other  stihl battery powered tools is over £300.  It is quite a lump

Edited by Meece

Went with the Greenkeepers on our Course, to the BIGGA convention in Harrogate earlier this year.

I went looking at the Stihl stand to look at the battery chainsaws, with a view to buy my own, for a bit of off road logging.

Billy our head greenkeeper turns up and tells me not to bother as they are a toy an wont replace petrol. Bloke on the stand see's a challenge and i books em in at our place for a trail.

He turns up, van full of Stihl battery kit, lobs a battery in a chain and pole saw each and gives em right to Billy to go have a go....

We now have the full range of Stihl battery kit because Billy's eye was soundly wiped.... It's bloody good kit (and now i've no need to buy one myself...?)