A & M Cylinders for HW100?

Hi all

I am thinking of replacing my standard HW100s cylinder for the A & M version for the extra shot count. But as I have no experience with after market bottles, I was just wondering If any of you guys could tell me how many more shots you actually get with the A & M full size cylinder when fitted to a legal limit rifle. Also, are these A & M cylinders good quality, reliable, and basically worth the extra money,

John ?

http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/Home.aspx

I've got an a&m on my ks John never done the shot count but I always top it up before going out and its never dropped off even on full on rat bashing sessions!

if I was to buy again id go for the lightweight tube and fit the original hw ends, the dials are better and you can take the cylinder off without having to dump all the air out!

the probe on the a&m was rusty when I bought it and its about as smooth as a car crash trying to fit the probe when re filling. 

As far as lighter cylinders go, I've only ever had the A&M one so, I can't compare it to others but, I do like them - they change the balance of the rifle for the better and, Ady and Mandy are nice people to deal with.

I tested my old Karbine version - that went from about 4 mags (56 shots) to just over 7 (98 shots +).

I haven't measured my current full length set up but, I'm more than happy with it.

• Like 2

Had them on both of my HW100k they made a big difference in weight and balance plus the shot count went up to about 70 

Had a bit of a problem with one last year it kept on leaking ,sent it back twice for repair , Third time they found the bottle had split and said I over filled it which I never did which I was not to happy about , been filling pcp guns for a good 10 years and never over filled one .

A&M did replace it with a brand new one ,but don't need it now as I sold one of my HW100k , it will be going up for sale 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Had them on both of my HW100k they made a big difference in weight and balance plus the shot count went up to about 70 

Had a bit of a problem with one last year it kept on leaking ,sent it back twice for repair , Third time they found the bottle had split and said I over filled it which I never did which I was not to happy about , been filling pcp guns for a good 10 years and never over filled one .

A&M did replace it with a brand new one ,but don't need it now as I sold one of my HW100k , it will be going up for sale 

How much are you wanting vm

1 hour ago, big napper said:

Ok vm, could you check it fills with the probe as iv read a few comments that some dont fill and people having to send them back, if alls ok with it il have it mate, if you pm your details il transfer money and send my address, cheers mate.

I will check it to day