Sign in to follow this  
Rusty_terrier

How much ?

Much should i be expecting to get from a gun dealer if i sell up . I know they wont give me what id get private juat cant do with the hassle and guns dont owe me anything.

Rws model 89 22-250 wildcat mod and hawke scope.

Cz American 17 hmr hawke scope unknown brand mod. 

Both guns are in good condition. Any rough ideas .

Edited by Rusty_terrier

Check guntrader etc for pricing, then take off dealer margin and you'll have a reasonable idea!

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Check guntrader etc for pricing, then take off dealer margin and you'll have a reasonable idea!

What you reckon a dealer would take 30 % below private price ? I knw roughly how much similar are going for private.  My question i suppose was worded wrong. How much under peivate sale value is reasonable for a gun dealer to offer  

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you reckon a dealer would take 30 % below private price ? I knw roughly how much similar are going for private.  My question i suppose was worded wrong. How much under peivate sale value is reasonable for a gun dealer to offer  

I recently took a couple of shotguns into a gun dealer ., a beretta silver pigeon 10 years old and not fired a thousand shells he offered me £350 , and a whinchester pigeon grade xtr s/s that again hadn’t fired a thousand rounds in the thirty odd years I had it ..that he said was worthless ...

The beretta I sold to a pal for £650 , the s/s I sold on guntrader for £700 ..

Take them to a dealer but put a cricket box on because they will kick you right up the gonads ! 

• Like 1

If its PX then maybe 30%, if its just a straight sale to a dealer then 50% less than retail.

He has overheads, pays taxes, needs to make a sensible profit and any retail price is likely to be haggled down anyway!

That's the reality, Id try privately in the short term, nothing much to lose!

• Like 1

On 30/12/2018 at 23:26, Rusty_terrier said:

Much should i be expecting to get from a gun dealer if i sell up . I know they wont give me what id get private juat cant do with the hassle and guns dont owe me anything.

Rws model 89 22-250 wildcat mod and hawke scope.

Cz American 17 hmr hawke scope unknown brand mod. 

Both guns are in good condition. Any rough ideas .

if your willing to take 50% less on the .22-250 i mighht be interested!