Galgo Barbucho Patagonico

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no contents  

last thing you guys want is the kennel club getting there hands on it...cos in 50 years you wont recognise it....

no contents

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Wahchadero said:

48380068_160726821568834_180566287754199040_n.jpg.16a3eaf40ea303a0b6018e622dab5398.jpgThi

You must have a very big oven ? A bit of that breed should be put back into the deerhounds here. The true Irish wolfhound is extinct and the breed we have in kennel club now is a mixture of other large breeds like Great Dane and deerhound which only represent wolfhounds in looks. Huge dogs with no hunting ability.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Wahchadero said:

As far as I know there is no consistent hunt of red deer with dogs able to take down one of those alone, it is mostly a "waiting" and long distance shooting kind of hunting.

Apparently hunting the "brama", the deer male, with massive horn is very complicated and dangerous for the dogs but I would definitely love to try the dogs on some good female, definitely a thing to do.. plus the meat is amazing.

Would hunting puma not be more dangerous for dogs? Do they corner and bay or engage?

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s banned here an even when it wasn’t they are they holy grail of dog work, an there’s not many folk that claim to have had them unless they use a 4x4 and a few heavy dogs, but I believe it has been done a few times a lot fairer, an I think the hinds are also hard work but can be done, I never saw it to be honest, fallow bucks was closest I saw an they were big powerful beasts?

What is this ban you speak of and surely all the hunting life massive with over 1000 posts have taken every creature great and small up and down the isles with their humble jukels?

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Even when crossed? Cos there has been some dogo crosses here an also other mastiff crosses an English bull terrier crosses but nowt comes close to the older lines of bullx so I’m told. 

Pit cross for red deer, dogo cross for moose

Edited by Lenmcharristar
3 minutes ago, Wahchadero said:

Well mate, come down here and you'll get a good share of hunting memories to carry back home. We do organize hunting trips either by horseback or 4x4 with all sort of dogs. 

www.wahchadero.com

I’d say it’s appealing to many on here, what sort of price should we expect to be paying for a holiday like that???  And do you do any fishing too?

1 hour ago, fireman said:

Recon a few hound men and a few big game hunting dog owners might say something different there bud,but i get what you ment ✌️..

that's true, but if the quarry is being bitten to death over minuets rather than seconds it cant be right can it, hounds with a fox is a bit different as that's over quick. 

1 minute ago, two crows said:

that's true, but if the quarry is being bitten to death over minuets rather than seconds it cant be right can it, hounds with a fox is a bit different as that's over quick. 

But the fact is it’s no different to nature in the wild if it were a wolf or pack doing it, who are we to judge how others hunt in foreign countries whenever we bent over backwards to appease the minorities and still got shafted by a ban??. The biggest mistake was giving an inch to the antis for they took miles

• Like 1