New breed of lurcher according to the experts!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hunting over with ye boys is in a bad way and its very sad to see but lads with camera phone out on every hunt is messing the game up for yis. Whats wrong with going by yourself or close mate and no h

we done all that before, in London  i went on ever march , was 1000's there  the Ban still happened .Even if Labour got back in, god forbid  , all what would happen they put more restrictions  on the

sometimes i wish i never discovered the internet. i know all this would still be going on but ignorance is bliss. i have nothing to do with running dogs, never been out with them and have a limited in

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Robbusher said:

Still to see a bull cross that could take on the mighty gerbil single handed must be a beast of a dog

Your right not only that but to deal with 1 and leave a saleable carcass different matter if your just after a gerbil for the pot

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, bird said:

we done all that before, in London  i went on ever march , was 1000's there  the Ban still happened .Even if Labour got back in, god forbid  , all what would happen they put more restrictions  on the fox hunting ( horse back)  but the old running dog  what ever the x , or the so called new dog lol , they make it hard to own a lurcher , more so if it was smooth coated with bit of size to it, all this is just another nail in the coffin for people  that like to  own/work  a running dog .We really are minority regards hunting with dogs, before the ban alot of people joe public  werent that bothered  more important things to worry about  no jobs, lack of money, NHS  going down pan etc, hunting was well down in there mind. But since the ban the public  who werent that bothered  before , will be now .  it over and finished now, just go out   watch your back , day/night  , and you deff got to keep lookin over your shoulder , you did 100 years ago , and deff have now FACT.

Spot on Ray ,you are made to feel a lower form of life just for owning a lurcher ,a couple of years go I was with the girlfriend on a public footpath, with dogs on leads and a member of the public reported me to rural police as they thought a crime was about to take place!!!

This resulted in letters off police ,car was flagged and was pulled on M6 with my Dad and son in car on way home from a rugby match !!

Since the ban the media have misinformed the public about hunting and this has led to a lurcher owner becoming one step below a sex offender!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, zigzag dan said:

Spot on Ray ,you are made to feel a lower form of life just for owning a lurcher ,a couple of years go I was with the girlfriend on a public footpath, with dogs on leads and a member of the public reported me to rural police as they thought a crime was about to take place!!!

This resulted in letters off police ,car was flagged and was pulled on M6 with my Dad and son in car on way home from a rugby match !!

Since the ban the media have misinformed the public about hunting and this has led to a lurcher owner becoming one step below a sex offender!!!!

What did the police have to say when they pulled you over and what did the letters say out of interest. 

Hunting over with ye boys is in a bad way and its very sad to see but lads with camera phone out on every hunt is messing the game up for yis. Whats wrong with going by yourself or close mate and no hunting pictures online. Very easy move about for a mooch alone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

What did the police have to say when they pulled you over and what did the letters say out of interest. 

Letters warned me to stay off land ,which I didn't as public paths through it and no quarry on it anyway ,,,,motorway cops were sound ,told me why the car was flagged ,and who by ,and that after 28 days Staffordshire police should remove it ,,,,but probably won't !!!!

I phoned rural police and told them what I had been told ,they went mental ,wanted motorway cops details etc ,,of course I couldn't remember them ?

7 hours ago, Black neck said:

Not all gerbil hunters go on to commit other crime just the few spoiling it 

Driving the land and running gerbils doubled up

Not giving fair law

It's a toss up as to whether giving fair law is any fairer, have you seen the head start a gerbil can attain courtesy of a well placed kick up ?, Too many variables as well dry stone walls vs Fen country dykes all have their pros and cons  

8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

It's a toss up as to whether giving fair law is any fairer, have you seen the head start a gerbil can attain courtesy of a well placed kick up ?, Too many variables as well dry stone walls vs Fen country dykes all have their pros and cons  

True mate but what ever land you run the damage a big January gerbil can do to a dog has to be seen to be believed 

• Haha 1

What kind of response do you expect from the bunny hugging brigade? Someone wiser than I said, "what a man does with his dog is a matter for his own conscience". Remember the highs and lows. Regale those that close, but, not there with tales of the unexpected by all means. Share it on'tinernet and social media if you must, but be prepared to be called to task.