What’s the best tracker system to use ?

whitefeet4190

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, bunnyboiler said:

Will it come with uk software on if not it aint worth a  ? atb B.B. 

I have the UK topo maps on mine but to be honest I barely use them, I run up to 3 collars at a time and just use the compass screen to see what dog is where

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, C.green said:

If u only need compass might aswell buy dogtrace.

I've had mine about 5 or 6 years now, there's alot more choice around than back then. The garmin has tons of features but i hardly ever use them. Watching the lads using them pig hunting in nz was an education, they re ally know how to get the best out of them. I said I'd learn to use mine properly after that but still use the compass more than anything 

8 hours ago, Balaur said:

Mostly for when in the woods or heavy brash for me , really ads to the experience if you've an idea where the dog is ,if it's moving , helps the 'has she hit barb in the wood and decapitated herself' mind fecks lol. If the worst or best happens you can get to the spot quick time.

Exactly that mate. Saves all that thinking ? ?

• Like 1

Don’t know if the others do it but I like the garmin as I can mark where I park and know I’m getting back to it no problems even if I’ve not a clue where I am. Had mine 3 seasons now and no problems ?. Easy to use and ready out the box. Like you say though you probably are paying for the name as I do only use the compass to see where dogs are . Atb Igz

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Balaur said:

Mate I go out with fairly regularly always marks the car or entry point, makes life easier , I was getting lost regular in Welsh forestry when living that way, almost feels like cheating now ?

That’s it mate as long as I know which ways back to the car if needed I’m happy , safety first and all that . Atb Igz

• Like 1