Had a pal out ...

Had a pal out this morning , he’s never shot a fallow buck , he’s shot a few doe’s but never a decent buck ...then this walked out !

3DFCE426-1B55-49C9-8E52-DC5CCAE9A7FD.jpeg.675d97265c0d23b48e5a3b506be3e5d2.jpeg2DADEA1B-BBE4-4222-947A-2FB53D0D7586.jpeg.7c5926ad3c588e8fd8e1a152f162498c.jpeg

he was fairly chuffed with this , capped , its off to Rob , the rest hit the chiller at 129lb ...

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, C.green said:

Nice beast him looks like hes been living well. The mounted heads never come out quite as good as a decent one in the flesh do they.

Depends who does them mate - Rob has some good skills?

Thats a thumper Rich and well worth all the huffing and puffing to get him in the larder!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, C.green said:

Nice beast him looks like hes been living well. The mounted heads never come out quite as good as a decent one in the flesh do they.

Hes certainly been living well , he was in good nick considering they was still rutting mid November ..hopefully rob will do him justice , to be fair it’s not the best condition cape ,he looks like he’s not quite finished moulting..

7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Hopefully the neck will be full enough as is with fallow bucks .Did you measure him at bottom and top of neck Rich .?

No mate I caped him straight away , but I’ve got some decent photos so rob will hopefully pull it all together...

I was out this morning and knocked this one over ..

0D7264AF-DE4C-4963-A835-8A10563606DF.jpeg.c88e3f18f462bd6c6bbe93c6b5bb14fc.jpeg

Another one of the cull number .. in the chiller at 71lb 

3 hours ago, sussex said:

No mate I caped him straight away , but I’ve got some decent photos so rob will hopefully pull it all together...

I was out this morning and knocked this one over ..

0D7264AF-DE4C-4963-A835-8A10563606DF.jpeg.c88e3f18f462bd6c6bbe93c6b5bb14fc.jpeg

Another one of the cull number .. in the chiller at 71lb 

Added another three this afternoon, 68, 70, 73lb ...all doe’s ..

14 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Your very lucky mate . 

In living in an area where their are a lot of fallow .? Yes ..unlucky because we don’t have many or any red ,roe ,muntjac , sika or cwd but you can’t have everything I suppose..

Any other sort of luck tends to works on the amount of effort put in .. 

• Like 1
On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:53, sussex said:

In living in an area where their are a lot of fallow .? Yes ..unlucky because we don’t have many or any red ,roe ,muntjac , sika or cwd but you can’t have everything I suppose..

Any other sort of luck tends to works on the amount of effort put in .. 

The only reason for ever wanting Muntjac is to eat, well tasty.  They are about the most destructive of all the deer species in the UK!