3/4 bull 1/4 grey

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else  like this type?

Nah matey. Ive had 3/8 5/8th kill hares and deer and plenty of them at that. Get them fit and trimmed down nice and they got a little bit in them.

I have a reverse 5/8 bitch 8 months old she caught her first rabbit other say ferretting so not as slow as you'd think

Posted Images

10 hours ago, jeemes said:

Anyone else  like this type?

i seen couple few years ago , i was going to get me a pit bitch  of a bloke, and his mate had very nice dog there of this breeding, real nice shape to it, ok not speed machine like lot of lurchers , but quite racy of it breeding , was used for around holes  etc , suppose its what you want from a dog, and how your going  to use it , if used for what they bred for a good x ., and i always liked the look of a pit or pit type anyway .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Could never really see the point in this cross.What would they be good for?

i know what you mean mate , as 1x pit x grey  would have been my 1st chose   , thats for  bit of lamping, or bolt from a dig, you need that extra gear true, but i was going on what the appearance  of the dog, and it looked like nice shape  etc  i wouldnt  have one , be either pure pit  like i had or  1x pit x grey, but  seen few good 1x staff x greys  from the black country , some old lines of proper old type staffs still  there ,

Just now, Busher100 said:

Obviously for the job you'd have a reverse 3/4  for you wouldn't really be to bothered about speed and neither am I the but she's not as slow as I thought 

I don't think you would have any advantage at anything over a well bred 1/2 

• Like 2

Just doing the cross for the sake of it I would agree is not doing over a 1/2 cross, but it depends on the parents. Ive seen a 1/4 bred bitch that looked like a greyhound and couldnt possibly be any gamer than she was. She was pure game, but if shed of had a bull bite she wouldnt of needed to be as game. Bulls and Greyhounds go very well together imo just like the Bulldogs and terriers did. I am interested in all the crosses they produce but for my own preference a decided leaning towards the Bull.

Edited by jeemes
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I have a reverse 5/8 bitch 8 months old she caught her first rabbit other say ferretting so not as slow as you'd think

In all fairness mate dont take this wrong way i seen terriers and staffs catch rabbits

. Most halfs ya see are abit on heavy side anyway aint they dont matter if there give anything stick gitta catch it first aint they

2 hours ago, C.green said:

In all fairness mate dont take this wrong way i seen terriers and staffs catch rabbits

. Most halfs ya see are abit on heavy side anyway aint they dont matter if there give anything stick gitta catch it first aint they

I'm not saying she's going to be a fast type but she will be more than fast enough for her quarry, just saying they not as slow as some would have you think and she is still just a 8 month pup and will only get faster