Put a wire out for a Fox on my boundary fence.  Have caught in this run before.  Checked this morning and the snare had been knocked and wa about the size of an apple, so I’m guessing fox had been in it as it reeked of fox...........no sign of any major struggle.......is he likely to return through the run ?

Yes as you will catch in a run more than once anyway and being nearly caught once by something it don't know what it is isn't enough to make a fox totaly run shy.it also won't ever catch hung on the shed wall either.😉..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The one said:

Love how easy they make it look when they got all the gear and know what there talking about 

get some old wire to practise on it's not that hard , not had one get away yet

On 29/12/2018 at 07:01, CHEVINFOX said:

The way I read the law on it mate that’s a self locking loop with an American snare lock so my be not be ideal in UK .Might just be my mind over reading it though .Keeper near me got into a bit of strife for put a kink in a shop bought snare which turned it into a self locker .

22 hours ago, foxdropper said:

The way I read the law on it mate that’s a self locking loop with an American snare lock so my be not be ideal in UK .Might just be my mind over reading it though .Keeper near me got into a bit of strife for put a kink in a shop bought snare which turned it into a self locker .

who did he get strife off ? just interested ,,,

Edited by sid g

Some busybody took pics  of a few snares and gave them to police .By the time they got round to seeing him one had caught and the other was lifted so nothing to see . He was warned by police wildlife liaison officer not to modify snares !!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Some busybody took pics  of a few snares and gave them to police .By the time they got round to seeing him one had caught and the other was lifted so nothing to see . He was warned by police wildlife liaison officer not to modify snares !!!

must of known what to look for .. had same type of thing with a live trap but the police never bothered to show up the estates put trespass signs   up  now and thats  stopped a lot just wandering about ..

Edited by sid g