What’s the difference between average and very good dogs

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me I like to turn up on a field like an Apache gunship. I flick into scan mode using the red beam to highlight any potential targets. One detected 80yard! I prime my four legged missile which also

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help p

About 25 "likes" and a few good photos

Posted Images

On 29/12/2018 at 19:49, Allan P said:

You should go to Newark, Nottinghamshire it’s like a different language. Dogs are jucks, Rabbits are shushi, a peeve is a beer. There is a Traveller site on the side of the Trent there and the language has spilled over to the town mush.  

Lol if I went to my local and asked for a pint of peeve, I'd be TOLD to f**k off! Lol

• Like 1

A few years back a friend had a Hancock dog and it got out and had an accidental mating with.the most scruffy flea bitten mongrel you have ever seen. The woman decided to have the pups which is stupid I know but I said to a friend of mine I fancied the look of one of them and all my mates took the piss, this dog was 22.5 inches and the most loyalest dog I have ever owned it just couldn't do enough for you it just made catching stuff look easy. I can remember being up north with a few decent lads who knew their stuff and it just had something special that set it apart from other dogs and look what it was bred out of!

I've got a pup now a dog which I bred from my bitch, i took him out for a few runs last night and I couldn't be any happier with him he's heading the same way he's just a cracking loyal dog who hopefully seems to have everything I want out of a dog. He is also the best guard dog i have ever seen lol he's probably got a bit of Rottweiler in him he's 23inch which is a good size and he's not too bulky but he's got some heart and does everything I ask of him and more 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, wilbs said:

A few years back a friend had a Hancock dog and it got out and had an accidental mating with.the most scruffy flea bitten mongrel you have ever seen. The woman decided to have the pups which is stupid I know but I said to a friend of mine I fancied the look of one of them and all my mates took the piss, this dog was 22.5 inches and the most loyalest dog I have ever owned it just couldn't do enough for you it just made catching stuff look easy. I can remember being up north with a few decent lads who knew their stuff and it just had something special that set it apart from other dogs and look what it was bred out of!

I've got a pup now a dog which I bred from my bitch, i took him out for a few runs last night and I couldn't be any happier with him he's heading the same way he's just a cracking loyal dog who hopefully seems to have everything I want out of a dog. He is also the best guard dog i have ever seen lol he's probably got a bit of Rottweiler in him he's 23inch which is a good size and he's not too bulky but he's got some heart and does everything I ask of him and more 

So you went out with some good lads who presumably had some decent dogs, and your dog out of a old mongrel and a Hancock dog was miles better? ? maybe you thought he was so good because you owned him and was attached to it? What could the dog do that others couldn't? Pm if you prefer

On 30/12/2018 at 20:19, dytkos said:

Too long in the tooth now to want the "best" dog, as long as they can still get my heart racing they'll do for me.

Cheers, D.

"Best" was probably the wrong phrasing...you know the lad and dog I'm talking about mate...it's is very very capable but the owner doesn't waste time on the internet lol

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

So you went out with some good lads who presumably had some decent dogs, and your dog out of a old mongrel and a Hancock dog was miles better? ? maybe you thought he was so good because you owned him and was attached to it? What could the dog do that others couldn't? Pm if you prefer

I've got a lot more going on in my life than bickering over my dog is better than your dog. Was just pointing out that considering what it came from it just goes to show you can't judge a dog purely on its breed and yes it did have something special. I've always put a lot of time into obedience training and it wasn't just it's running but it's loyalty and eagerness to please. I was with old Harry Millward up north and even he mentioned how eager to please it was and easily trainable. Been in the hunting game for years and don't do competing I just enjoy being outside and seeing my dogs run. Makes me laugh how sometimes you see people arguing over how many bunnies they got. 

Rabbiting is just a small part of my life I took a lad off another forum away to land I have access to for 5 days ferreting, shooting, longnetting etc and even told him I would also take him kayaking/sea fishing we ended up spending 4 days kayaking and only one day rabbiting. Anybody who knows me or who has been out with me knows I am quite lucky to have access to a lot of really good rabbiting land but sometimes it's more pest control than hobby as they want the numbers down so I do have to go out and get rid of a load of bunnies to keep landowner happy but I don't feel the need to post pics 

• Like 7

No pal I only pop on here every now and again as too busy to tell you the truth just when I've got a bit of spare time. 

I used to pop on and read when people came on asking for permission folk said speak to what was his name Rake or Rakeabout as he is Lord of the Manor and has so much land I thought that was bloody brilliant.

When I'm back at work as i work for myself will be too busy and have a million and one other hobbies 

• Like 1

Does rake not come on here anymore ? it used to make me laugh how people thought it was serious. 

I spend probably 2 or 3 months a year away with family every other weekend through the summer. I've taken quite a few lads out who are struggling for permission as I know how difficult it is to get your foot in the door.

Took one chap a couple of weeks ago ferreting never met him before and when he turned up and introduced himself said he was Muslim which surprised me but to be truthful he is one of the most easy to get along with and genuine blokes I have met in a while and he gave me a gift at the end of the day and i also received a text wishing me Happy Christmas on Christmas Day which I thought was bang on. I gave him a load of brand new decent nets which i bought off Mick Dadd. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, wilbs said:

Does rake not come on here anymore ? it used to make me laugh how people thought it was serious. 

I spend probably 2 or 3 months a year away with family every other weekend through the summer. I've taken quite a few lads out who are struggling for permission as I know how difficult it is to get your foot in the door.

Took one chap a couple of weeks ago ferreting never met him before and when he turned up and introduced himself said he was Muslim which surprised me but to be truthful he is one of the most easy to get along with and genuine blokes I have met in a while and he gave me a gift at the end of the day and i also received a text wishing me Happy Christmas on Christmas Day which I thought was bang on. I gave him a load of brand new decent nets which i bought off Mick Dadd. 

Respect mate . Nice to know decent folk around . 

• Like 2

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help people out. People have forgotten how to be decent to each other everyone is just after what they can get nowadays lol, there are also a lot of jealous f***ers about too compared to years ago

When I go away and don't take my Mrs and kids I take a couple of lads off other sites for a few days at a time and I don't ask for a penny in return as long as you are a good laugh and up for the crack. I have met some good lads.

• Like 11
20 minutes ago, wilbs said:

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help people out. People have forgotten how to be decent to each other everyone is just after what they can get nowadays lol, there are also a lot of jealous f***ers about too compared to years ago

When I go away and don't take my Mrs and kids I take a couple of lads off other sites for a few days at a time and I don't ask for a penny in return as long as you are a good laugh and up for the crack. I have met some good lads.

you know jim fro m up your way then, i had many nights lamping  with him , when he had old snipe , i used work old Bryn then my 1x collie x grey , we had plenty of good bags back then, jim still  as keen as ever, he got new pup now from , think its from snipe  breeding .