What’s the difference between average and very good dogs

5 minutes ago, morton said:

The average bred lurcher is more than enough dog for the majority of lurcher owners past and present,this type of jukel will never ever need to become anything other than what it is and what it was bred for.Ill warrant if ego,s and the tinternet never played a part in the reputation of the mutt and owner then the average lurcher would be a beast we could all live in contentment with.In the not to distant past some outstanding owners wanted a mutt a tad above average,not the one trick pony and thick as fack dross many see as the elite lurcher now,mutts that ran a tad smarter for a tad longer,mutts that could cope with the differing terrain and a multitude of tasks and do them all in a fashion that is a lost art,on the whole,now.The folk that want something a tad more than average are only kidding themselves and their ego,what they own is more than enough and they should respect their charges more and become more honest with themselves.Find a lurcher bred now thats equipped to encourage the lurcher owner to put the time and effort in to go up a level,again im not talking about the one trick pony,s and second rate lurcher that needs the lamp to outwit and encumber what it cannot connect with daytime.A decent average jukel is what most should aspire to own,nothing else will ever compete with such a dog and give as much hunting pleasure.

Good post you got dross in there but missed out turds lol 

I agree with you tho 

• Haha 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me I like to turn up on a field like an Apache gunship. I flick into scan mode using the red beam to highlight any potential targets. One detected 80yard! I prime my four legged missile which also

To tell you the truth I come from a pretty crap family lol and had nothing and no help whatsoever and have worked very hard in life for myself and am comfortable/happy and it gives me a buzz to help p

About 25 "likes" and a few good photos

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, morton said:

The average bred lurcher is more than enough dog for the majority of lurcher owners past and present,this type of jukel will never ever need to become anything other than what it is and what it was bred for.Ill warrant if ego,s and the tinternet never played a part in the reputation of the mutt and owner then the average lurcher would be a beast we could all live in contentment with.In the not to distant past some outstanding owners wanted a mutt a tad above average,not the one trick pony and thick as fack dross many see as the elite lurcher now,mutts that ran a tad smarter for a tad longer,mutts that could cope with the differing terrain and a multitude of tasks and do them all in a fashion that is a lost art,on the whole,now.The folk that want something a tad more than average are only kidding themselves and their ego,what they own is more than enough and they should respect their charges more and become more honest with themselves.Find a lurcher bred now thats equipped to encourage the lurcher owner to put the time and effort in to go up a level,again im not talking about the one trick pony,s and second rate lurcher that needs the lamp to outwit and encumber what it cannot connect with daytime.A decent average jukel is what most should aspire to own,nothing else will ever compete with such a dog and give as much hunting pleasure.

Makes sense mate but why are we calling them “Jukels” ? forgive my ignorance ?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Makes sense mate but why are we calling them “Jukels” ? forgive my ignorance ?

You don't know what a jukel is?! :rtfm: ffs mate, keep up. Errrm why do people keep referring to lurchers as JUKELS? ? ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

85 and still killing hares is not average atb Morton ????????

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Confused 1
16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You don't know what a jukel is?! :rtfm: ffs mate, keep up. Errrm why do people keep referring to lurchers as JUKELS? ? ?

I’ll be honest I’ve never heard someone call one a Jukel apart from on this site hahaha I’ve had to resort to google and found its the Romani word for dog ??? why would anyone want to use Jukel. Seems abit odd to me that’s all ? I apologise

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

I’ll be honest I’ve never heard someone call one a Jukel apart from on this site hahaha I’ve had to resort to google and found its the Romani word for dog ??? why would anyone want to use Jukel. Seems abit odd to me that’s all ? I apologise

Lol you know what, I know a few gypsies, travellers etc, and I still haven't heard em call lurchers 'jukels' either. But I'm from south wales lol. Seems odd to me as well fella, like everyone with a lurcher wants to be known as a gypsy! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Lol you know what, I know a few gypsies, travellers etc, and I still haven't heard em call lurchers 'jukels' either. But I'm from south wales lol. Seems odd to me as well fella, like everyone with a lurcher wants to be known as a gypsy! 

Abit like “he calls dogs Jukels, he must be in the know” hahaha ??? just a mad word that wasn’t in my vocabulary. Won’t be staying there either ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Not only "jukels" they also use words like "chore" which i thinks means "to pinch".there all just a bunch if "diddycoys" which i think means "plastic gypsy".

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Abit like “he calls dogs Jukels, he must be in the know” hahaha ??? just a mad word that wasn’t in my vocabulary. Won’t be staying there either ???

Lol I've read it thousands of times over the years, especially on here the last 10 years. But I have NEVER heard anyone actully saying it! Lol. Cur, mutt, lurcher, yes, but NOT jukel lol. Perhaps if I'd have referred to my LURCHERS as JUKELS, I might have had more success with them? ?. But I doubt it! Lol ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2