Russell pups comeing on nicely

14 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

By reading his recent book you'd say they were well worked, unless that was bullshit too?

Once upon a time he had russell's that worked hundreds of foxes that much is very true,were they of his own breeding or off a line he put together that produce regular workers is a different thing,i don't want to sound like i'm slagging a dead man who has dug more foxes than i ever will but he was banned for life from keeping dogs due to them being kept in shitty conditions so he means feck all to me respect wise,i was asking a genuine question..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys al do the same as everbody else rear the pups up the best a can and hopefully they will turn out   there first ratting will be in a couple of months al let u no how they get on 

Well there is a lot more that could be said but like him or not Eddie was a decent bloke when he talked about his past ..I did judge some shows for him and he tried telling me this ones the best and t

Posted Images

One day someone will write a book about Harcombe and I for would  love to write a chapter .Hes pulled the wool over many lads eyes .This latest pup selling has me reeling considering he stood up in front of a dozen lads years ago and condemned a lad for selling on a pup he bred  plus he wrote  about the fact terriers and money don’t mix .Many lads been sucked in by his bullshit over the years ,something I saw through when he doubled up in the easiest of places years ago on a Welsh hillside .

He one of those people that to the uneducated ,he can talk a proper day out ,tell lads the way to go on but in select company does the exact opposite .

Enjoy your pups mate .

Perhaps Donny will finish what  he started saying as I think it will make for interesting reading .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Seems to me that most of the 'names 'find it easy to preach one thing?.....but do another?....old age/fame gives them the right to do as they please?sad state of affairs imo?selling sub standard dogs on for money ,and some poor c**t a dream?keep your workers amongst a small and trusted few.....the digging game is on its way out, here in the uk ,final nails are being hammered into the coffin?

• Like 4

I reckon digging game is going pretty strong to be honest i know lads getting muck on the bank most weeks through the season. Breeding there dogs keeping lines tight good luck to them i say they aint talking about it as too busy letting there dogs do the talking.

• Like 1
On 27/12/2018 at 12:11, baker boy said:

Would Jane Chapmans stuff not be just a continuation of Eddies breeding

No Eddie scatterbred small 11;;;12 inch rough coated in his latter years then Jane took ownership of the Foxwarren prefix and bred 13---14---15----16 inch stuff for showing  and did very well at KC shows and all over abroad...

19 hours ago, eastcoast said:

To some folk money should not change hands when working terrier pups do. I can understand and respect that but how many people are part of those elite groups? The reality of it is that most of us do need buy at times. Ideally when a surplus may be available when replacement stock is bred due to unforeseen circumstances, as unfortunately happens with terriers. Should any surplus be culled? To me £300 from good breeding  is a gift to a vetted stranger. Would barely cover your costs with docking and 1st jabs. Foxwarren KC stuff does go for silly money, to silly people? I am assuming the ones we are writing about are not KC. Maybe a line that was kept apart by people who kept those Russells going as working dogs?

They couldnt be KC as only Jane can KC with the foxwarren prefix ..Thats what she told me last time we spoke

4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

One day someone will write a book about Harcombe and I for would  love to write a chapter .Hes pulled the wool over many lads eyes .This latest pup selling has me reeling considering he stood up in front of a dozen lads years ago and condemned a lad for selling on a pup he bred  plus he wrote  about the fact terriers and money don’t mix .Many lads been sucked in by his bullshit over the years ,something I saw through when he doubled up in the easiest of places years ago on a Welsh hillside .

He one of those people that to the uneducated ,he can talk a proper day out ,tell lads the way to go on but in select company does the exact opposite .

Enjoy your pups mate .

Perhaps Donny will finish what  he started saying as I think it will make for interesting reading .

Well there is a lot more that could be said but like him or not Eddie was a decent bloke when he talked about his past ..I did judge some shows for him and he tried telling me this ones the best and this one should win etc etc I just said Eddie F off my job my choice LOL .But as the years went by it all went wrong pups born under sheets of rusty tin not knowing the sires etc etc litters of smart types all white but with chocolate heads etc etc  ..The man in his day did one hell of a lot of graft..But it all went downhill over many years .The prices for pups to the gullible multi thousands  for a pup ?A likeable character when sober  and a lot of years back a bloody shame really ..He really liked my line and one way or another did get some of the blood but never knew how to mix it together..E Chapman RIP

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, C.green said:

I reckon digging game is going pretty strong to be honest i know lads getting muck on the bank most weeks through the season. Breeding there dogs keeping lines tight good luck to them i say they aint talking about it as too busy letting there dogs do the talking.

Plenty are out every week of the yr dropping stuff and don't tell a soul...,but then you only got to look on foolsbook,Instagram to see there's loads at it.....but how long can it last with dickheads posting up naughty pics???looking for some likes and a pat on the back??? best days are behind us,enjoy it while you can....because it's a slippery slope from here on in.

10 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Terrier work is in safe hands for the foreseeable future, plenty of lads out there that are die hard enthusiasts.

don't matter how 'diehard' you are,if pricks keep posting shit and bring it on top then there will be no way of working your terriers when it's 'outlawed' completely ?goverment want to bring in more restrictions to stop it,along with new rules for shooting and f***ing stopping folks fishing for pleasure ?....Will be just memories in your head and books on your shelf left to get your fix.?I would love to be wrong,but in the cold light of day I just can't see it. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I dont think pics can do much harm nowadays lol you might be right i dont know but its not the internet that will be the end of terrierwork its some of the divs in the game same as lurchers. Theres police units dedicated to catching coursing lads but fens are still getting run daily in the winter lol until it comes to thatbwith no legal ways to go about it Keep digging and running the dogs and worry less 

Edited by C.green
  • Sad 1

It saddens me to read about the man's decline in later life. It should not as I did not know him, never even met him just knew of him and read his book.

I was once offered a "reject" KC Foxwarren pup after a well intentioned friend mistakenly though that I would be interested in it and gave my contact details to the breeder. After speaking to the man on the phone he insisted on bringing the pup to shown me. "Once you see it you will want it". So he rocks up with supposed dam, sire and pup in the back of his transit. The pup was not good enough to register but would make a cracking working dog. His words. Mine for £400 but I needed to be quick as it wouldn't be around for long. I declined the offer.

On 28/12/2018 at 10:00, baker boy said:

He killed at least 2 of his terriers doubling them up, and told GM to sell a dog that had spewed to a yank that was trying to buy the dog, £700 he took for the dog

I stopped getting the mag when a well known dog thief was all over it. £700 for a spewer, what was the name of the dog and who bought it