Russell pups comeing on nicely

Just now, jackthelad said:

Cobra all the best with your pups mate I brought a wee bitch up to Scotland about 18 years ago of eddies breeding and she turned into a good wee bitch worked for 12 year

post-11132-0-78457300-1500551530_thumb.jpgonly pic iv got of her.... mad Aggie in the happy hunting ground in the sky.... anyone else working this stuff?

• Like 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys al do the same as everbody else rear the pups up the best a can and hopefully they will turn out   there first ratting will be in a couple of months al let u no how they get on 

Well there is a lot more that could be said but like him or not Eddie was a decent bloke when he talked about his past ..I did judge some shows for him and he tried telling me this ones the best and t

Posted Images

Not disbelieving you mate as I know two bitches were at harcomes.They would be of Jane Chapman breeding  as said before Eddie lost control of the breeding  as he was not allowed terriers  at all good luck with them Foxwarren prefix  has been owned by Jane many years now

met an old boy out with the boxing day hunt yesterday had 2 rough coated Russell's like cobras....big old things....he got them from dh....showed me pics on his fone of sire etc,smart dogs to be fair....he payed £650 each for them?I made my excuses and moved on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Cheers guys for the comments as av said a seen the pups advertised liked the look of them drove to wales from scotland and picked them they were not advertised as eddie chapmens breeding a didnt no that till a phoned about them and the name on the advert was only pnone david not david hardcome agian it was only when u called the nunmber he told me who he was but the call was made souly on the look of the pups but to be honest david seemed a really nice guy when a met him to pick the pups up so i am not going to say anything negative about him as a said i take folf as a find them thanks again for the comments about the pups 

• Like 1

To some folk money should not change hands when working terrier pups do. I can understand and respect that but how many people are part of those elite groups? The reality of it is that most of us do need buy at times. Ideally when a surplus may be available when replacement stock is bred due to unforeseen circumstances, as unfortunately happens with terriers. Should any surplus be culled? To me £300 from good breeding  is a gift to a vetted stranger. Would barely cover your costs with docking and 1st jabs. Foxwarren KC stuff does go for silly money, to silly people? I am assuming the ones we are writing about are not KC. Maybe a line that was kept apart by people who kept those Russells going as working dogs?

Eastcoast they are not kc and will be used mostly for ratting and rabbit hunter a dont think david will be the first to breed pups for the financial side of things or be the last a no some folk breed just for the sake of it but if u have a tried and tested line why not or the likes of my pups would not be there but every one has there own thoughts of right or wrong 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, the cobra said:

Eastcoast they are not kc and will be used mostly for ratting and rabbit hunter a dont think david will be the first to breed pups for the financial side of things or be the last a no some folk breed just for the sake of it but if u have a tried and tested line why not or the likes of my pups would not be there but every one has there own thoughts of right or wrong 

But they have a good chance of not being off a tried and tested line and did chapman even have a tried and tested line of his own ever? . 

U no more than me bakerboy that why a dont get involved with kind of talk about other men mate thats why if a like something al say if a dont like it al keep ma thoughts to myself mate av been in the hunting game over 40 years theres no much av no heard but everybody has there opinions mate 

This was the book david gave me when i picked the pups up and if u read it david help right it and the last chapter in the end of the book was writen and signed by david hardcome so surley the must have been good mates for eddie to trust david to do this book and thats no just talk its written in black n white for everybody to read