Jump to content
king

Indoors ferret bed.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, socks said:

How are you going to cut a hole in a glass vavarium .... and also you have the fact that glass doesn’t heat up so it could be very cold in the winter ......

Only glass at the front all other sides are wood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, socks said:

How are you going to cut a hole in a glass vavarium .... and also you have the fact that glass doesn’t heat up so it could be very cold in the winter ......

Only glass is on the front ken.ive just got back now been to buy a 2ft vivarium.

I've seen 3ft and 4ft vivariums for sale but my thoughts are the bigger it is they might start using 1 corner for toilet duty which 1 don't want.

An another benefit is the oil boiler is in the shed I've removed the front panel and removed the boiler jacket to reveal a very hot metal panel on the front of the boiler.it acts like a small radiator in the shed.

I will post pics tomorrow when its finished.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, king said:

Only glass is on the front ken.ive just got back now been to buy a 2ft vivarium.

I've seen 3ft and 4ft vivariums for sale but my thoughts are the bigger it is they might start using 1 corner for toilet duty which 1 don't want.

An another benefit is the oil boiler is in the shed I've removed the front panel and removed the boiler jacket to reveal a very hot metal panel on the front of the boiler.it acts like a small radiator in the shed.

I will post pics tomorrow when its finished.

Bet it looks good 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Right all done.

Firstly I used 50mm blue perforated drainage pipe.cut half a brick out cut a 50mm circle hole in the vivarium and fitted the pipe job done.

Untill I pulled the hob out of the ferreting box.then it hit me the fat bugger won't fit in the tube lol.

So down to screwfix to buy a 110mm 90 degree bend £9:49 and had to make the hole in the wall and vivarium bigger.

But all done now.ferrets seem to like it and the lad does so happy all round.

 

 

20181224_120604.jpg

20181224_120523.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 22/12/2018 at 10:45, TOMO said:

why not just make a frame out of timber wire mesh

I wanted something nicer to the eye tomo to be honest.katchum idea of a vivarium was spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Proper job that mate 👍

Had to chip away the bottom of the top brick in the hole chaff bit of hassle a core drill bit would of been spot on for the job.its done now though.

How did you get on with the bird.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, king said:

Had to chip away the bottom of the top brick in the hole chaff bit of hassle a core drill bit would of been spot on for the job.its done now though.

How did you get on with the bird.

Looks tidy King 5 star ferret accommodation that fella.😁

Had a good day the kids loved it I'd recommend it their faces say it all when bird fly's to them I put a post up.... mooching with gus.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Looks tidy King 5 star ferret accommodation that fella.😁

Had a good day the kids loved it I'd recommend it their faces say it all when bird fly's to them I put a post up.... mooching with gus.. 

I will have a look now chaff.im trying to get out the door to take the dogs out.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×