Lab x grey

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would totally agree with this , have seen plenty cracking pointers and some stunning working labs. I think even with a good working strain of lab in a lurcher cross you'd still get too many heavy pu

Proper, old school, mouching dogs, I like them well enough ?

The Lab x collie grey I mentioned I grew up with. She knew more about the game than me at the time.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

yeah enjoyed his books, sadly didn't get the EDRD when he wrote for it I don't think

He didnt write that many articles his son wrote a few more in the early editions.

Edited by darbo
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

One I’m thinking of was a fella who lived on a peninsula ? Or somewhere by water/sea and had several lab crosses

There is a mention in sheardowns book about someone on the isle of axholme but they were flatcoated retriever cross greyhounds he had several.

17 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

That’s it I mistook flatcoats for lab ,memory starting to go ?

the flat coat, and golden have very calm sensitive temps,  the curly  a differnt temp , more sharper  and the best guard of the 3 types, there was woman had bitch that went to our local boozer years back , and you wouldn't mess with that dog. she told me  that they were very popular with keepers as a  gun dog and they took them out at night as well, reckon on of them x back to whippet x grey you get good rabbit and  odd few foxes pre ban . 

2 hours ago, Night Walker said:

That does look a very useful type. For the moucher type hunter I can see these types being very good workers

Looking at that you’d have thought collie/lab x greyhound. Turned out racey considering its 1/4 sighthound.......very nice.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1