Lab x grey

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would totally agree with this , have seen plenty cracking pointers and some stunning working labs. I think even with a good working strain of lab in a lurcher cross you'd still get too many heavy pu

Proper, old school, mouching dogs, I like them well enough ?

The Lab x collie grey I mentioned I grew up with. She knew more about the game than me at the time.

Posted Images

I just can’t see what a lab would bring to the mix in a lurchers and I’ve worked labs for over 20 years .....there’s a lot better breeds that offer more 

As for drakeshead that dog must of lined thousands of bitches if all the pedigrees were to be believed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 24/12/2018 at 22:18, Tyla said:

I've never seen a lab x pointer work, but can imagine they would have potential to be very good. I know several gwp, they are hard but headstrong which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you are looking for in the x. You might lose the biddability of the lab if it were 1/2 grey 1/4 gwp?

Seen plenty pointer x labs there not as good as what a pure lab does and not as good as a pure pointer but can be handy animals on the hill in a beating line .......I’ve never saw one that I wanted to own though but seen plenty of labs and GWPs I would love to have in my kennels

1 hour ago, MIK said:

I just can’t see what a lab would bring to the mix in a lurchers and I’ve worked labs for over 20 years .....there’s a lot better breeds that offer more 

As for drakeshead that dog must of lined thousands of bitches if all the pedigrees were to be believed 

can't see it either. What do you mean about Drakeshead its a prefix

17 hours ago, MIK said:

Seen plenty pointer x labs there not as good as what a pure lab does and not as good as a pure pointer but can be handy animals on the hill in a beating line .......I’ve never saw one that I wanted to own though but seen plenty of labs and GWPs I would love to have in my kennels

I would totally agree with this , have seen plenty cracking pointers and some stunning working labs. I think even with a good working strain of lab in a lurcher cross you'd still get too many heavy pups . I would also go for a good working strain rather than a trialling lab. 

This is my young lab who is just over a year old. 

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_2787.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1