Lab x grey

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would totally agree with this , have seen plenty cracking pointers and some stunning working labs. I think even with a good working strain of lab in a lurcher cross you'd still get too many heavy pu

Proper, old school, mouching dogs, I like them well enough ?

The Lab x collie grey I mentioned I grew up with. She knew more about the game than me at the time.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Drakeshead or similar to a good Grew bitch would be ideal. 

8 minutes ago, Allan P said:

Drakeshead or similar to a good Grew bitch would be ideal. 

Thing his Allan myself be better if going clean pure hound a greyhound be best. But fa a moocher lamper yas don't need tons of speed brain will give yrds a ground ,a good Lurcher would keep them strong robust and far more  stamina durable biddable jukel and in all probability they would most likely be faster top end .atb bill

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Thing his Allan myself be better if going clean pure hound a greyhound be best. But fa a moocher lamper yas don't need tons of speed brain will give yrds a ground ,a good Lurcher would keep them strong robust and far more  stamina durable biddable jukel and in all probability they would most likely be faster top end .atb bill

I was thinking might have a bit more take off speed for moochin around were I live. Small fields around my area but see were your coming from. Places I go you need a sharp dog to do well mooching about. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Drakeshead are cracking labs but generally big heavy barrels with big heads. I'd have thought pro a ly last type you'd want. There's plenty of fast athletic types any lab is likely to be biddable I'd stay away from fancy colours and go for working stock that's got height and athleticism atb Joe 

Not all drakes head are barrels there's plenty racey types a the working breds that are Kwan narrow types atb bill

2 hours ago, Allan P said:

I was thinking might have a bit more take off speed for moochin around were I live. Small fields around my area but see were your coming from. Places I go you need a sharp dog to do well mooching about. 

The thing his there's lots of very fast lurcher types about these days acceleration from a grew maybey da Conies may help but a mooching type jukel relies on the all important traits of the xs in the jukels bred and with a Labrador I would thinks scenting nose ability and general hunting ability the bit of speed his a added feature ta the xs I believe this no jukel can show its self and its qualities with out daily work either night or day or maybey both on some says lots of graft makes this type they need the graft to become anything where has some xs bred jukels can be happy with a run out at the. Weekend and muster fine ,a hounds a hound a jukel a workhorse and needs plenty off it. Atbbill

• Like 1

My mates dad had a labgreyxalsationgrey when we was kids & she was nothing to look at but was a cracking alrounder she took all quarry & was highly thought of by everyone who seen her go be it on lamp,ferreting,digging etc she could turn her paw to any job atb cbx 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Balaur said:

Drakeshead are cracking labs but generally big heavy barrels with big heads. I'd have thought pro a ly last type you'd want. There's plenty of fast athletic types any lab is likely to be biddable I'd stay away from fancy colours and go for working stock that's got height and athleticism atb Joe 

Drakeshead are the complete opposite to what you describe they are athletic build.

• Like 1

Go on Drakeshead website to see there dogs, abit of Drakeshead blood mixed in with show blood doesn’t make a Drakeshead dog.black Labrador in pic all Drakeshead blood,yellow dog mixed workings lines, yellow dog is 13 now,he was still used at stud at 8 i charged £150.these dogs picked up 3-4 days a week on busy shoots were 200-300 bird days,to do that dogs have to be very durable.

BDB8A320-4631-4A83-AA17-964BEC5DEF4C.jpeg

4141489F-5BC2-413F-9A51-7848EB1AFDD7.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Balaur said:

My mate has two with drakes in the line look on Google images the majority are strong large headed types 

Drakes head have snakey heads and like described  and are lighter framed than some f1 lurcher  types they perfect fa jukels ta get from remember these are not trial bred collies they are are retrievers  totally different .atb bill

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Haha obviously hit a nerve. I like the dogs but I didn't think they were an ideal choice of build unlike some of the racier tall types. I'm fairly sure my mate isn't working show dogs but hey ho. 

I've never seen a lab x lurcher and haven't seen one work . Atb Joe 

Balata shut the feckup yes not on the same train , listen  and learn atb bill