Lab x grey

Whenever these are mentioned good things are said about them but I don't know of anyone on here or in person who actually has one now.

I know there was a litter bred a few years ago by a girl who I've not seen on here in ages. Does anyone know of or have one of the puppies?

I'm quite interested in the x, I've no space now but when some of the oldies move on its something I would think about. I do a little lamping and ferreting and a lot of bushing and stalking, I think the cross might have a fair bit to offer me.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would totally agree with this , have seen plenty cracking pointers and some stunning working labs. I think even with a good working strain of lab in a lurcher cross you'd still get too many heavy pu

Proper, old school, mouching dogs, I like them well enough ?

The Lab x collie grey I mentioned I grew up with. She knew more about the game than me at the time.

Posted Images

I use to go with a lad that had one very good edible dog took most he did take fox but wasn't a fox dog tough as old boots good feet coat etc clever runner and reteived live to hand there was one Liverpool way that was a good fox dog that took good numbers most nights 

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I use to go with a lad that had one very good edible dog took most he did take fox but wasn't a fox dog tough as old boots good feet coat etc clever runner and reteived live to hand there was one Liverpool way that was a good fox dog that took good numbers most nights 

Were they both first crosses?

1 hour ago, Tyla said:

Whenever these are mentioned good things are said about them but I don't know of anyone on here or in person who actually has one now.

I know there was a litter bred a few years ago by a girl who I've not seen on here in ages. Does anyone know of or have one of the puppies?

I'm quite interested in the x, I've no space now but when some of the oldies move on its something I would think about. I do a little lamping and ferreting and a lot of bushing and stalking, I think the cross might have a fair bit to offer me.

Any thoughts?

Think that was litter of lab x bullgreys ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

One was not sure on the one from Liverpool maybe bosun all terrain or mud could tell you more but the one I seen regular was a good dog on all edible but was over matched on teeth hence why he wasn't what you would call a fox dog 

My mate in Liverpool owned one called Ged.Was in some old earth dogs.Will speak to him tomorrow and find out more.He quite enjoyed teeth 

Edited by Kevj
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, Tyla said:

That was it, never heard much about them after that though. Labsnlurchers wasn't it?

I seem to remember that the second crosses, so more sighthound in the  mix, were more successful for them. Saying that, I'm sure there was a thread on here a long time ago where there was talk of lab first crosses to greyhounds that produced capable lurchers.

9 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I think that was him kev took some good numbers by all accounts and a very good allround dog 

Lad who owned him originally,who wrote the articles,gave the dog to a good mate.Funnily enough he was saying a few weeks back to keep an eye out for a litter of Lab/Grey coz he wants another one

Edited by Kevj

Used to see a woman good few years back when walking my dogs she had one looked like a very lean lab always had a muzzle on & when i asked if it was nasty coz of muzzle she said No but the bloody thing kept catching rabbits !! Nice dog to look at. Atb