New FAC Rapid inbound

I have now sold my Anschutz rimmy as my go to rifle is the Impact .25 fac which does 95% of all my vermin shooting along with a few nice pheasants. FAC air is a very underrated method of shooting and most who say otherwise, simply haven't used one to find out how effective they are and so talk through their rear ends.

Phil 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, philpot said:

I have now sold my Anschutz rimmy as my go to rifle is the Impact .25 fac which does 95% of all my vermin shooting along with a few nice pheasants. FAC air is a very underrated method of shooting and most who say otherwise, simply haven't used one to find out how effective they are and so talk through their rear ends.

Phil 

My thoughts exactly Phil  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil 

It simply depends on your situation. 

I have had FAC air as well as 12ft lb and rimfire/centrefire/shotguns/pistols etc for years, and whilst I have no intention of parting with my FAC AIR it is without doubt the LEAST used of all my guns!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Thanks 1

great choice of fac air, rapids are well priced. if you find you have a bellow average barrel like I did on my fac rapid you can just swap it out easy.

personally i enjoy running my fac .22 air at 950 fps with jsb 15.8.

shoot a tree rat at 75 yards with medium weight fast pellets with good shot placement and its going down! My theory is the heavier tougher pellets tend to deform less on impact. At 200 yards the medium weight pellets are not doing much so increase safety.

There are things you cannot do with .22lr or sub 12ftlb air that you can do with fac air. fac air fills a small niche. Especially where a shotgun is too loud and quarry has learned that big bang means danger :)

would be interesting to see how you get on with the group sizes at 50m.

Edited by tench
6 hours ago, Deker said:

It simply depends on your situation. 

I have had FAC air as well as 12ft lb and rimfire/centrefire/shotguns/pistols etc for years, and whilst I have no intention of parting with my FAC AIR it is without doubt the LEAST used of all my guns!

:thumbs:

All depends on type of shooting you are doing 

• Like 2

If you're after squirrels build a feeder!. After a week of it being up every squirrel in the area will know it's there and come for a free feed. Set up a hide and it's just like fishing but instead of a rod you got a gun and instead of fish you got squirrels.

• Like 1