Gatwick Closed

Gatwick has been closed all night since drones were spotted flying in their airspace. Opened again at 3.00 a.m then had to close again 45 minutes later because another drone was seen. Obviously to keep drones flying for that long, it isn't a kid who lost control of his early Christmas present. Another was spotted about 7 a.m today. Shocking to think something little more than a toy can cause such havoc.

I feel sorry for the thousands of people who have had their Christmas ruined by these idiots.

https://news.sky.com/story/chaos-at-gatwick-after-drone-sightings-force-runway-closure-11586557

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vote drone party.. Done more to stop immigration than the other useless twats ?

For fcuk s sake dosen’t anyone in the higher echelons of government read the General section of THL ? ...hundreds of silly barstewards running round like headless chickens trying to stop the drone and

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Prison for flying a drone lol 

They aren't just flying a drone that strayed into CAA airspace are they? They've been doing it on purpose for several hours to cause the airport to close. No different to a bomb hoax IMO. 

Crazy shit. :no: I wonder if you could trust one of these new directed energy (laser) air defence weapons to defend against these threats? A low power version would probably be enough and minimise risk.

That, and of course some serious prison sentences.

3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Crazy shit. :no: I wonder if you could trust one of these new directed energy (laser) air defence weapons to defend against these threats? A low power version would probably be enough and minimise risk.

That, and of course some serious prison sentences.

Lockheed have made a laser specifically designed for drones. I doubt these are military grade drones though, so are maybe too small a target? Even if they could, these numpties could just go and buy more this afternoon.

14 minutes ago, walshie said:

Lockheed have made a laser specifically designed for drones. I doubt these are military grade drones though, so are maybe too small a target? Even if they could, these numpties could just go and buy more this afternoon.

I think we'll start to see dedicated systems for exactly this. Out in the desert the military can just use something savage like a phalanx or other CIWS but I think drones are becoming a serious domestic concern as potential terrorist weapons, not just kids being wankers. How much has this closure cost the economy? Someone will be doing that assessment!

I don't think it would take a very powerful energy weapon (relative to what the military are experimenting with) to defend against these civilian drones. Low power would probably be essential as a safety measure incase the system tries to shoot down a 747. :icon_eek:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1