unexplained ferret deaths

bobhow

Ive been reading of  quite a few unexplained ferret deaths on face book by all account ferrets have been fit and well one minute then dead the next and heres the puzzling bit some ferrets die while the remainder stay fit and healthy its nothing ive encountered in over 40 year keeping ferrets

I had a hob who was fit and well - one morning, he lost the use of his front legs. He was still awake and alert, just couldn't walk ( did the decent thing, obviously). I also had a Jill who was happily playing away, charging round the pipes and generally doing what ferrets do - an hour later, I found her dead.

In both cases, none of the others were effected or showed any unusual behaviour.

Sam there as been quite a few different people that have lost ferrets so would think its unlikely  they were all poisoned Sirblessed we don,t have any spiders in this country that are capable of giving a killer bite personally i think it as some thing to do with the way they are being fed but who knows

neil b I used to feed that way myself for years then read about giving them a freeze for couple weeks, if someone puts good advice my way then I take it on board just progress I suppose when we was kids we fed milk mash & they seem to do ok but times move on so I try to do best by them just my way mate , atb Flacko 

• Like 2