Just back from Kenya few pics

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

It’s got claws could,nt possibly be a cat, ?nice pugs above tick all the box,s them,  I,m guessing at leopard   unless you have shovel hands  ?

On that point I wanted to say fair play to you and thanks because from all your big cat talk you taught me something quite interesting about accurately identifying cat prints (the cross test and the triple lobe check). I still don’t believe big cats roam this island but I learnt something which is always valuable to me. :good:

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello ,  just back from Kenya with Work , thought I’d attach a few interesting pics I took.   So series of pics 1,  stopped in a harbour area, had mooch around next morning and discover

I never stated that the claws on  last one were a cat.  They were made by a sole hyena who watched me from a safe distance in the machine operating through the night  very unique animals 

Track pattern and proximity to our location 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have you ever came across anything as clear as that in the uk ?! 

Genuine question 

A few of the better ones I have but there are a few good ones I,ve seen in the snow around, mostly it’s odd single pug marks in mud patch, or dried puddles like the one with my phone which is 41/4” long 

CC70C50F-F496-49B6-814C-63AC3458B36E.jpeg

7E48A7B6-F68D-4B65-A7CC-478975482163.jpeg

72DF4154-F486-4135-BF32-CBAF9E04A7E0.jpeg

155764A5-3518-4278-A818-383C8409E91D.jpeg

05D7AD04-72DB-477C-8A03-3F302B98B8DF.jpeg

CD65D91D-2976-4D8C-9BF1-099946C9D824.jpeg

On 10/01/2019 at 16:04, Born Hunter said:

On that point I wanted to say fair play to you and thanks because from all your big cat talk you taught me something quite interesting about accurately identifying cat prints (the cross test and the triple lobe check). I still don’t believe big cats roam this island but I learnt something which is always valuable to me. :good:

If you have a line of cat tracks also look for direct registry were the rear foot lands on the same spot as the front foot, quite useful , as is a leading toe, clench your fist and look at you knuckles, one sticks out further, canids tend to be symmetric,  nice that an old fool like myself can educate a bright young man like yourself cheers ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

Did you take that golf course one mate?!

is it the same golf course that had the “ huge panther” spotted on ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/4312917/big-black-panther-spotted-skulking-towards-couple-on-golf-course-as-club-warns-visitors-to-be-vigilant/amp/

i mean is it just a coincidence that you can find the tracks on a soft sand bed in the only place in the world really where people walk around with long poles with a cube on the end for leisure?! 

The insinuation that big cats must be in the uk is always undone by  evidence that falls apart with the slightest scratch on its veneer

i really want to believe that there are big cats in the uk. Not escapees for a momentary arc of freedom , but wild living  cats existing in the dark. 

Sadly I believe every shred of evidence is merely conjecture. 

Thanks for putting those up  

13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Did you take that golf course one mate?!

is it the same golf course that had the “ huge panther” spotted on ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/4312917/big-black-panther-spotted-skulking-towards-couple-on-golf-course-as-club-warns-visitors-to-be-vigilant/amp/

i mean is it just a coincidence that you can find the tracks on a soft sand bed in the only place in the world really where people walk around with long poles with a cube on the end for leisure?! 

The insinuation that big cats must be in the uk is always undone by  evidence that falls apart with the slightest scratch on its veneer

i really want to believe that there are big cats in the uk. Not escapees for a momentary arc of freedom , but wild living  cats existing in the dark. 

Sadly I believe every shred of evidence is merely conjecture. 

Thanks for putting those up  

Funnily enough a lad I don’t know, but he,s friends with others I do know attended our last meeting at the university, he said to my mate he was a total sceptic and most of the pictures were not good enough to convince him, (I agree) but listening to the boffins he found that the evidence was overwhelming, I do know how hard it is to get your head round the fact we have a group of displaced apex predators living secretly amongst us, but I don’t think the university would be putting time and money into something for so long if we were not making progress, the golf course ones were sent to me from St Albans, I get quite a few, I have quite a good video at the moment that the woman who took it does not want made public, yet members of her family have approached several news papers trying to sell it to the highest bidder, it’s the boring stuff that will prove the case in the end mate, stuff done in classrooms and labs like this, when I find any dead animals I go right through them taking different samples most people just step over, time will tell mate, but you are right to disbelieve something if you have not seen it yourself, only a gullible fool would take someone’s word without question ???

FD11BCD0-AF5A-43BE-BD6D-355AE3811552.jpeg

018444DA-0B8F-4A3B-98CA-8797C115E8F6.jpeg

017C6241-1ECC-492F-B33A-91FB9DFA4376.jpeg

431AC2B1-8FF3-499D-90BB-DECD1E441E43.png

D924B852-9F61-488F-AFC0-6FA2822DE619.png

• Thanks 1

I’m not understanding the directive that those bones are some sort of evidence greyman mate 

is itbthat the placement of the teeth on those carcass are that of a puma? 

Surely the law of averages outweighs that a canid would have the same or similar bite size ratio etc than it would of a puma being wild in the uk?! 

23 minutes ago, mackem said:

Which university is it?The footage the lady sent to you,what sort of distance was it filmed at and is it crystal clear?

The RAU is were all the lab work is done, and the video was filmed on an iPhone, 9 in the evening in June at a distance of about 20/30 feet, it,s by no means conclusive but another good piece to the puzzle, I admire the woman who filmed it for her bravery and quick thinking, she saw the cat walking along a hedge line whilst camping with her husband, both are in the military and after the initial shock she grabbed her phone and actually ran up to it catching the rear end and tail as it disappeared through a hedge

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m not understanding the directive that those bones are some sort of evidence greyman mate 

is itbthat the placement of the teeth on those carcass are that of a puma? 

Surely the law of averages outweighs that a canid would have the same or similar bite size ratio etc than it would of a puma being wild in the uk?! 

In very simple terms as I,m a very simple person and school was,nt my best years, the three points on the carnassial teeth each have a name, the protocone to parastyle is the big difference between canid and feline as shown in the middle line of the chart the first one says sample 6.58 the sample is from a uk carcass, the others are from captive known animals the biggest canine will never be bigger than 4.0 were as cats are always bigger normally 5.0 plus so when me or others like me find bones with a small triangle of holes they go off to the lab were they get analyside, we have had over ten different animals from wild boar to sheep that have been eaten in the wild in the uk by a large feline, couple that with a few successful dna samples and confirmed big cat scats and you have half a case, back that up with thousands of signed witness statements and albums full of photos of deer all killed and eaten in the same way and you are getting somewhere, a lot of what goes on I don’t know or understand, I,m simply a foot soldier who enjoys walking in the countryside and occasionally find things that I send off to a much bigger group, my next meeting with the uni will be in March and if anyone has a genuine interest and would like to come along to see for themselves and ask a few questions let me know ?

3F5E5D65-E0AC-40F4-8202-69394A0A5F53.jpeg

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Greyman said:

the video was filmed on an iPhone, 9 in the evening in June at a distance of about 20/30 feet, 

I-phones have good cams,i took footage of langurs at 20 meters in a tree top in thick foliage and you can tell what they are,have you any stills from the footage?Didnt the Sun newspaper offer £10,000 for proof of a live cat.did her relatives offer the footage to that tabloid?