Just back from Kenya few pics

24 minutes ago, mackem said:

I-phones have good cams,i took footage of langurs at 20 meters in a tree top in thick foliage and you can tell what they are,have you any stills from the footage?Didnt the Sun newspaper offer £10,000 for proof of a live cat.did her relatives offer the footage to that tabloid?

I don’t know all the details mate I was sent a copy of it within an hour of it being taken, several month,s later I was told it was being offered to the papers for sale, I can only assume they had second thoughts and honoured the woman’s choice to stay anonymous or the papers never offered them enough money to justify a family rift, I have been told by several people that the footage is a cut out being dragged on string through the hedge??? but I have seen it frame by frame and the tip of the tail is flicking constantly, before it slides away through the hedge the quality of the original is good enough that you can see what it is but for me to reproduce it on my limited gear with my limited skills will not do it justice especially as this site won’t allow me to upload my video,s I may have stuck a screenshot of it up before but it’s not moving and has lost a lot of clarity ?

• Like 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello ,  just back from Kenya with Work , thought I’d attach a few interesting pics I took.   So series of pics 1,  stopped in a harbour area, had mooch around next morning and discover

I never stated that the claws on  last one were a cat.  They were made by a sole hyena who watched me from a safe distance in the machine operating through the night  very unique animals 

Track pattern and proximity to our location 

Posted Images

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:00, Greyman said:

A few of the better ones I have but there are a few good ones I,ve seen in the snow around, mostly it’s odd single pug marks in mud patch, or dried puddles like the one with my phone which is 41/4” long 

CC70C50F-F496-49B6-814C-63AC3458B36E.jpeg

7E48A7B6-F68D-4B65-A7CC-478975482163.jpeg

72DF4154-F486-4135-BF32-CBAF9E04A7E0.jpeg

155764A5-3518-4278-A818-383C8409E91D.jpeg

05D7AD04-72DB-477C-8A03-3F302B98B8DF.jpeg

CD65D91D-2976-4D8C-9BF1-099946C9D824.jpeg

the ones in the mud still just look like a brute of a dog. Did you trail cam the area?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:27, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I never stated that the claws on  last one were a cat. 

They were made by a sole hyena who watched me from a safe distance in the machine operating through the night 

very unique animals 

I didn't realise Hyena were so big.

49947122_2800928586798356_7208404991977979904_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

Their a big old unit 

they have funny mannerisms as well as I’ve bumped into s few cabbying around etc. 

In my role I often work as part of a smaller team well away from the main battle group footprint , kind of enabling objectives , pre setting conditions for the exercise. 

Ive been inbthe back of hiluxs in very remote areas of the training areas when you can hear the cackles and see them over the night vision.

Villages such as Archers post and isiola will often have a dead hyena in the roads around them indicating a scavenger existence. 

I was once sat in a wired square camp at ol kan jo when a mob came in and started fooling around at the burns pit outside. Eventually, like a gang of teenagers one was much braver and ran into the camp laughing doing circles before running off into the night. 

Funny old creatures 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...