.410 hushpower thoughts

It would hardly be intrusive at 70 yards away indoors with subsonic carts. Could be heard, but much quieter than an unmoderated twelve. They get quieter with use as the mod cokes up a bit. A plus point with the twenty over the fourten if you go for the Mossberg, is that the twenty is drilled and tapped to accept a weaver rail and the fourten isn’t. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahhhh. Now we are getting to the truth! The mother in law!! You're screwed, you'll never win! Or be good enough. It's taken over thirty years for mine to accept me and I can tell you, it was

I'm sold on the 20! Cheers RF boy

Very quiet with eley fourlongs, but if you want any range out of them, you’ll need to be using the 3 inch carts. Depends what you need, but 20 gauge hushpower has better range and much harder hitting.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

It would hardly be intrusive at 70 yards away indoors with subsonic carts. Could be heard, but much quieter than an unmoderated twelve. They get quieter with use as the mod cokes up a bit. A plus point with the twenty over the fourten if you go for the Mossberg, is that the twenty is drilled and tapped to accept a weaver rail and the fourten isn’t. 

I'm sold on the 20! Cheers RF boy

• Like 3

Hush power 4.10 are unbelievably quiet only down side is there a tad heavy, I’ve one for sale because of weight, the weight wouldn’t normally be a problem but this year I suffered some nerve damage which has taken a lot of strength out of my right arm so I am selling mine.

2 hours ago, Str said:

Hush power 4.10 are unbelievably quiet only down side is there a tad heavy, I’ve one for sale because of weight, the weight wouldn’t normally be a problem but this year I suffered some nerve damage which has taken a lot of strength out of my right arm so I am selling mine.

Hope you get better soon.

U.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tremo said:

I have a Baikal .410 Hushpower and I find it great fun to use. The only downside is that your aiming is affected by the moderator. You get used to it though, but it renders the bead at the end of the barrel impractical. ?

I wish the barrel ran through an eccentric axis of the moderator.

Aiming would be more natural then.

EVERY gun and calibre has a use, some of those uses are quite extensive whilst others are rather limited.

A 410 Hushpower with subsonic cartridges has pretty limited usage, but if you have a use for what it does its exactly what you need!

What did you actually want to do with it?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Deker said:

EVERY gun and calibre has a use, some of those uses are quite extensive whilst others are rather limited.

A 410 Hushpower with subsonic cartridges has pretty limited usage, but if you have a use for what it does its exactly what you need!

Cheers!

Couldn't agree more, that's my excuse to the missus for such a big gun safe. It's gonna be for a few reasons, start introducing the manimals to shots, but mainly for an option when shooting the bunnies and corvids around the stables and relatively close to the house without disturbing everyone, I shoot a lot with air rifles but I like a different sport at times plus the option of snap shooting. I've got the 12 for when I'm doing a proper job but I would like a hushpower it's just now .410 or 20 and I think the 20 is sounding more versatile.

I bought a baikal 410 single shot to use around the sheds used to use an air rifle until they changed the law in Scotland .

I can take crows  rabbits rats pigeons on the move but does take a bit of field craft to get within range .

Even with an echo from the farm buildings  the fourlongs don't create  much of a disturbance to the stock in the sheds.

My pal uses a Mossberg 3 shot 410 and  it does sound a bit noisier .

• Like 1

Out of the new hushpowers that are in production at the moment, the Yildiz will be the quietest, the Mossberg will be a little louder, but with the advantage of extra rapid shots. It all depends on what will be the better tool for the intended job. I find that racking the pump seems to make more noise than the shot with subsonic carts though.

You can always add a Neoprene sleave to attempt to get additional noise reduction. I don't know how much they help as never shot a gun with and without, but they seem popular so I guess they must add something and logic says if you put something sound absorbent on the outside of the mod tube, then it's going to reduce sound radiated from the sides of the tube. Won't do anything for the noise from out the business end though!

35 minutes ago, Alsone said:

You can always add a Neoprene sleave to attempt to get additional noise reduction. I don't know how much they help as never shot a gun with and without, but they seem popular so I guess they must add something and logic says if you put something sound absorbent on the outside of the mod tube, then it's going to reduce sound radiated from the sides of the tube. Won't do anything for the noise from out the business end though!

It's so you don't freeze your fingers in cold weather and it's quieter by not rattling on sticks and such. Makes no noticeable difference to the shot volume to mean a jot.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 15:28, Deker said:

Cheers!

It's gonna be for getting some birds, rats and rabbits. Bit of snap shooting or decoying etc. Just in and around the stable blocks and relatively close to house. I'm after versatile option, despite having air rifles