• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collie bull grey father an son

excellent single handed dog ,full throttle ,  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, TALKCHEAP said:

if its for rabbits , why put bull in ,and if its for anything else why put collie in,  

Why does it have to be for either. Smartness in one and killing in the other. In theory that combination should work. Iv seen a good collie bull grey. Not speaking for all collie bull crosses but you can only know what you see.

I've seen a few good dogs of this cross I bred a litter about 9 years ago pup I kept back was excellent at most things but had to be pts at 4 I didn't breed them for any other reason than they were both good workers 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Just wondering why you have such a low opinion of the collie and bull crosses,  have you still got the mal crosses?

there dogs  out there thats got everything , the collie or saluki takes to much from the bull and don't give enough back , thats my opinion, i got the bedi x 16 year old , and the malamute 10 year old .

Although i've owned both bull and collie crosses in themselves. The collie bull grey crosses have been very good. Temperement has been a big positive for me also, as both dogs i've owned have been a pleasure to own, kennel and train.

9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Although i've owned both bull and collie crosses in themselves. The collie bull grey crosses have been very good. Temperement has been a big positive for me also, as both dogs i've owned have been a pleasure to own, kennel and train.

I know every dog is different but did you notice a big difference in temperament from the terrier crosses bosun.

I owned one blue a bitch gifted by tp when we went over the water s/h on anything I ran her on took good numbers of Fox's etc day and night quiet to kennel and very laid back temp in fact no different to the bull xs I owned it's certainly a cross for all occasions 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I know every dog is different but did you notice a big difference in temperament from the terrier crosses bosun.

Err sort of.... To be honest, i noticed more of a change from the collie crosses... Not half as neuritic or needy.

I always clicked with terrier mentality, especially bull blood mentality, bitches even more so...

9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Err sort of.... To be honest, i noticed more of a change from the collie crosses... Not half as neuritic or needy.

I always clicked with terrier mentality, especially bull blood mentality, bitches even more so...

I know most line bred dogs are better than there 1st crosses but I think it would be even more important in a cross like this if they had a few generations behind them to level them out. Always got on better with bitches myself.

• Like 2