• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collie bull grey father an son

excellent single handed dog ,full throttle ,  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, white van man said:

Spot on. I know saluki blood isn’t for everyone but a dash of it can make a bit of difference. On the higher up open ground the dogs with a bit of saluki or deerhound in them seem to cover the ground a bit different. I’m no expert though. 

91D9CF86-EC1C-4173-A78F-2DE6C87F3B5A.jpeg.4255172839c3f6efe2dadd2df716c2c5.jpeg collie/bull/grey x whippet/saluki lurcher.. 

Can’t beat a bit of saluki in a cur .. you can blame any faults the dog as on the bit of saluki it as and nobody disagrees ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Two unrelated examples of this type.

Photo taken about 27 years ago.

A youthful version of me and my bitch on the right. She was bred almost the same as my current dog and worked in pretty much the same style too, she's the reason i went back to the same type.

My mates smaller, black and white dog on the left was a good honest grafter too. A hard mutt, he liked rattling ivory with bigger quarry and in his old age had lost or broke most of his teeth.

20170518_183005_018.jpg

Bosun …. them pictures ain't bad at all, considering them cameras back in the day. 

Tried to have ago myself, used to have to press the button a couple of seconds before you wanted the picture, the delay to the camera was that slow ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, breeze said:

Bosun …. them pictures ain't bad at all, considering them cameras back in the day. 

Tried to have ago myself, used to have to press the button a couple of seconds before you wanted the picture, the delay to the camera was that slow ?

Thanks Breeze, though they were the only two that you see sommat..!

On 20/12/2018 at 08:58, TALKCHEAP said:

he's just being blunt ,   2  xs   both with major faults , and your hoping you get the best out of both, it don't work like that , neither can do an hard night ,the one asnt got enough brain to slow down, the other thinks fcuk it , 

What would you class a good cross? Saying most cross have them in most lurchers out there. I have a friend that hunts one it does everything he's asked of and more.

20 minutes ago, whippet IRL said:

What would you class a good cross? Saying most cross have them in most lurchers out there. I have a friend that hunts one it does everything he's asked of and more.

if its for rabbits , why put bull in ,and if its for anything else why put collie in,  

• Like 2