Canal life

Started a new site few months back 17 houses on plot of land that faces a canal .As I sit in my 360 watching the narrowboats glide by it got me thinking , that kinda life would suit me to the ground ,so had a look into the pro,s n cons decided to go for it.any one else do this as a few tips would,not go astey 

• Like 8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the view from my eldest daughters back garden, I,ve just bought another one for my younger daughter and next year will be renting out my house and buying another for me and the wife so my whol

Started a new site few months back 17 houses on plot of land that faces a canal .As I sit in my 360 watching the narrowboats glide by it got me thinking , that kinda life would suit me to the ground ,

Ya but I,ll be done working by the time this site is finished Len just think,retired at 52 rest of my life just drifting from one rabbit warren to another , couple of dogs ,ferret Harris hawk maybe wh

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, wildman said:

Started a new site few months back 17 houses on plot of land that faces a canal .As I sit in my 360 watching the narrowboats glide by it got me thinking , that kinda life would suit me to the ground ,so had a look into the pro,s n cons decided to go for it.any one else do this as a few tips would,not go astey 

Good luck mate, I’d love to be able to do that, what a peaceful life but sites move around and unfortunately the boat has to stay at the river

i wouldnt mind that way of life.lurcher and ferrets & air rifle onboard plenty of land to go at.

have a look at this lads video's he sell's his house and moves onto a boat.

he break's down the cost's of living on a boat etc.

ive watched quite a few of his video's.on youtube called;cruisingthecut;

have a look at this video i seen it a while back.amazing boat it's like a country house.

good site here to give you an idea of price and layout's etc wildman.

http://rugbyboats.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Good luck mate, I’d love to be able to do that, what a peaceful life but sites move around and unfortunately the boat has to stay at the river

Ya but I,ll be done working by the time this site is finished Len just think,retired at 52 rest of my life just drifting from one rabbit warren to another , couple of dogs ,ferret Harris hawk maybe what else do ya need 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, king said:

i wouldnt mind that way of life.lurcher and ferrets & air rifle onboard plenty of land to go at.

have a look at this lads video's he sell's his house and moves onto a boat.

he break's down the cost's of living on a boat etc.

ive watched quite a few of his video's.on youtube called;cruisingthecut;

have a look at this video i seen it a while back.amazing boat it's like a country house.

good site here to give you an idea of price and layout's etc wildman.

http://rugbyboats.co.uk/

Great that mate thanks

Brill that mate thank

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wildman said:

This is the view from my eldest daughters back garden, I,ve just bought another one for my younger daughter and next year will be renting out my house and buying another for me and the wife so my whole family will be living afloat by this time next year if everything goes to plan, it's not as easy as some think lots of fetching and carrying but a nicer slower way of life, I,m 57 so it's now or never ??

image.jpeg

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely could keep ferrets in a small hitch on deck or what ever it’s calles, hardly sailing the seven seas during storm season? or do the canals get choppy when wind picks up? . Doubt you’d get gun licence tho, an can you get from

canal to canal without using roads ?

not summat I ever looked jnto

You can have everything you have in a house mate, I,ve spent quite a lot of time on the water, not living full time but staying odd weeks and loads of weekends, met people with dogs,cats, chickens and even a pig, the boats are made of metal and if you want to weld a gun cabinet in not a problem, there are a few shooters near my daughter I see going off with there guns but most of my mates just use an air rifle for taking ducks,rabbits and pigeons to feed the,selves, it's not for everyone but I love it and can't wait to be gone full time ✌️

• Like 4
2 hours ago, wildman said:

Ya but I,ll be done working by the time this site is finished Len just think,retired at 52 rest of my life just drifting from one rabbit warren to another , couple of dogs ,ferret Harris hawk maybe what else do ya need 

I’m on sites myself that’s why I said it I’d need 20 more years before doing it. But defo something I’d love to give a go even for a holiday 

This lad has been doing it on a tight budget for several years and has kept a blog going on utube, worth a look though he is at the very basic end of boating life https://youtu.be/Hpu34e9dQpc

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1