villaman

Went to my squirrel permission yesterday with the HW100k .177 , Airmax scope , and using  AA express 7.9gr pellet 

Walked around and counted 47 squirrels in one part of the wood . Parts are so thick with under growth  ,  thick with spindly trees and Rhododendron , very hard to try and get a clear shot 

Well shot six but only retrieved two the others dropped in thick under growth or fell into thick ivy on the trees

IMG_0289.JPG

• Like 8

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Nice going Mitch.

We have just made some new feeders for a new area on one of the perms which with luck will produce some sport this winter.

Phil

Some of the best airgun  shooting to had IMO , specially when you have to try and follow them in your sites jumping across trees and branches and waiting for them to stay still until you can get a shot off  .  Haven't shot any of the feeders this autumn or winter so far , they are not taking any of the wheat either   

• Like 2
3 hours ago, villaman said:

Some of the best airgun  shooting to had IMO , specially when you have to try and follow them in your sites jumping across trees and branches and waiting for them to stay still until you can get a shot off  .  Haven't shot any of the feeders this autumn or winter so far , they are not taking any of the wheat either   

Sounds like it's worth you getting a hushpower shotgun. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, villaman said:

least you nailed a few Mitch ?

got some competition on the squirrel front

yg5mKYW4TPCPooPwlX1ezQ.jpg.0492629458301ff644e92b1d5b5dc54c.jpg

1559897783_4MpP1XSwS5EchQKjk7cWw.jpg.e063ea3f36fa3eed2931c910ebb6d955.jpg

although there not my department on this perm... there are loads of traps all over and I didn't see one caught!

seems they only like wheat from under the pheasant feeders,

what I did see was loads of nervous squirrels that weren't hanging about 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, si brown said:

least you nailed a few Mitch ?

got some competition on the squirrel front

yg5mKYW4TPCPooPwlX1ezQ.jpg.0492629458301ff644e92b1d5b5dc54c.jpg

1559897783_4MpP1XSwS5EchQKjk7cWw.jpg.e063ea3f36fa3eed2931c910ebb6d955.jpg

although there not my department on this perm... there are loads of traps all over and I didn't see one caught!

seems they only like wheat from under the pheasant feeders,

what I did see was loads of nervous squirrels that weren't hanging about 

Seen a few of these traps but never seen a squirrel in them 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, villaman said:

No way I will become a bang ,bang boy :laugh:

Don't knock it until you try it grumps. Come up north for a weekend in a nearby Hilton and I will take you clay shooting............................oh bugger, that reminds me, I promised to take Si. Sorry Si, when do you fancy going buddy.

Phil

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, philpot said:

Don't knock it until you try it grumps. Come up north for a weekend in a nearby Hilton and I will take you clay shooting............................oh bugger, that reminds me, I promised to take Si. Sorry Si, when do you fancy going buddy.

Phil

Phil use to do a bit of clay in my late teens early 20's back in 1979 -1982.

49 minutes ago, villaman said:

No way I will become a bang ,bang boy :laugh:

Seriously!, when you put your varation in (you might as well add shotgun next time) I'll rfd my hushpower 20 bore to you at my cost for a week or two,  have a go. You would be converted! Genuine offer ?

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Seriously!, when you put your varation in (you might as well add shotgun next time) I'll rfd my hushpower 20 bore to you at my cost for a week or two,  have a go. You would be converted! Genuine offer ?

Top offer that tom

Only put shotgun on mine as it was only an extra fiver... so glad I did!

great fun decoying?

• Like 1